Thursday, April 19, 2012

Blossoms and banner

I've made and shared a few cards using the Bright Blossoms stamp set during the past month or so. (See Bright blossoms and Button blossom trio.) But it dawned on me that so far I've only used that stamp set with bright colors. Of course, I can't say that really surprises me since the set is called Bright Blossoms. Power of suggestion and all. So I decided to give it a try with some more subtle colors.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®):
Stamps: Bright Blossoms
Card stock: Whisper White, Blushing Bride, Peach Parfait
Ink: Blushing Bride, Peach Parfait, Pear Pizzazz
Accessories: Basic pearls, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, Blushing Bride stitched-poly ribbon, Scallop Trim Border punch, square punch

I did some basic collage, or random, stamping on the Whisper White background and mounted it on a Blushing Bride card base. To make the banner I cut a strip of Blushing Bride card stock and used a square punch on one of the ends to create the points. I punched two strips of Peach Parfait card stock with the Scallop Trim border punch and then adhered them behind the banner piece, trimming the edges to align with the points. Then I embossed the whole piece with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder. (I actually meant to emboss just the Blushing Bride piece before I added the scallop edges, but I forgot. Oh, well. It worked fine; it's just hard to see the texture on the scallops because they're so skinny.) Finally I added three small pearls on the banner and a larger pearl in the lower right corner of the card.

I didn't add a greeting to this card so it can be used for any occasion. But for some reason it really reminds me of a wedding card. Too bad I don't know anyone getting married soon. But at least I discovered that the Bright Blossom stamps work very well with pastel colors.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: