Sunday, April 15, 2012

Button blossom trio

It's been a dreary, rainy day here (which is OK since we do need the rain), so I thought I would brighten it up with a fun trio of flowers.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®):
Stamps: Bright Blossoms
Card stock: Early Espresso, Whisper White, Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie
Ink: Early Espresso and Old Olive markers
Accessories: Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Edgelits dies, extra large oval punch, Decorative Label punch, Brights Collection buttons, white baker's twine, Mini Glue Dots, Dimensionals

There isn't anything very complicated with this card, but it just makes me feel happy. To create the stamped images, I used markers to apply the two colors directly on the rubber stamp and then stamped on Whisper White card stock. I punched out the images with an oval punch and layered each one on a different color of card stock punched with the Decorative Label punch. I used Mini Glue Dots to stick small flower buttons, with a knot of baker's twine in the middle, at the top of the stems. I adhered the three layered pieces to the card base with Dimensionals.

I kept the card base pretty simple, too. I like how the embossed polka dots add a little texture to the card and are similar to the pattern on the stamped vases. Likewise, the curved edge at the bottom of the card, created with the Edgelits dies, echoes the shape of the Decorative Label punches.

I hope you have a bright day! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: