Saturday, April 14, 2012

Into the woods

In the next month or so I'm hoping to send my next shipment of cards off to Operation Write Home, and I want to include plenty of masculine cards in the box. So today I created three cards with a woodsy theme.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!® unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Backwoods
Card stock: Bordering Blue, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke, Garden Green
Ink: Jet Black StazOn
Accessories: Moose brads (Creative Impressions), brown Scrapper's Floss (Karen Foster Design), paper snips, Tombow Mono Multi liquid glue, Dimensionals

For the background of this card, I stamped the image of trees several times on Always Artichoke and Garden Green card stock. I cut out the trees, played around with the layout until I had an arrangement I liked and then glued them down. I stamped the cabin on Chocolate Chip and Close to Cocoa card stock then cut out the window, door and roof from the Close to Cocoa image and glued them to the Chocolate Chip image. I adhered the cabin to the card with Dimensionals. I thought the moose brads added a fun touch to this little scene.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up, unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Wolf
Card stock: Bordering Blue, Always Artichoke, Very vanilla
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, VersaMark; markers: Bordering Blue, Always Artichoke, Going Gray, Basic Gray
Accessories: Metallic brads (making Memories), color spritzer tool, Dimensionals

As I was working on the layout for this card, I decided I wanted to add some texture to the focal image. So I sprayed a piece of Always Artichoke card stock with water, crumpled it up (being sure to work in plenty of creases) and then opened it back up. I let it sit for awhile to dry, adhered it to the colored image with Dimensionals and then adhered it to the card base.

Supplies (all from Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Yukon
Card stock: Close to Cocoa, Very Vanilla, Not Quite Navy, River Rock
Ink: Jet Black StazOn; markers: CLose to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, River Rock, Not Quite Navy
Accessories: 1/4" square punch, Stripes embossing folder, linen thread, Dimensionals

I love the image of this moose; it's by far the stamp I use most often from this set. I thought about placing three brads in the lower right corner, but I'm glad I decided to use the punched squares instead. I think they look better with the rest of the clean, straight lines on the card. I think this is my favorite of the three cards.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: