Friday, April 20, 2012

Clean and simple thank you

This afternoon I needed to make a quick thank-you card, so I decided to use a fairly clean and simple layout.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!® unless otherwise noted):
Card:
Stamps: Garden Variety (Unity Stamp Company), Thank You Kindly
Card stock: Really Rust, Whisper White
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, Really Rust, Almost Amethyst, Vintage Violet, Old Olive
Accessories: Blender Pen, Wisteria Wonder baker's twine, silver clip, Dimensionals, small paint brush (unknown)
Envelope:
Paper: Almost Amethyst Designer Series Paper (DSP) Prints
Accessories: Simply Scored tool, diagonal scoring plate, corner rounder, Scor-Tape (Scor-Pal)

I used a Blender Pen to color in the floral image, and I tried to focus on the shading. It's not perfect, but I think I'm getting better at it. I tied two strands of baker's twine in a bow around a clip and placed the clip on the Whisper White card stock with the focal image. Then I mounted that piece on a second piece of Whisper White card stock with Dimensionals.

Before adhering the focal image to the card, I wanted to add something to the Really Rust background. Nothing too busy, but a little visual interest. So I dipped a small paint brush in a few drops of Really Rust reinker (I placed the ink on the inside of the ink pad cover) and then tapped the handle of the paintbrush to create splatters, rotating the card every few taps. Be careful while splattering; I ended up with Really Rust ink spots all over my hands and even a few on my nose. (And I don't need any more freckles, thank you very much.)

To create the envelope I used a piece of DSP that coordinated with the flowers on the card. I made the envelope with the Simply Scored tool and diagonal scoring plate from Stampin' Up! It was very quick and easy, and the instructions are included with the diagonal scoring plate. To adhere the side and bottom flaps of the envelope, I used 1/4" Scor-Tape. To seal the envelope for mailing, I used 1/8" Scor-Tape.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: