Saturday, April 7, 2012

Words of wisdom

It's been a few weeks since I made any progress toward my stamping challenge goal, so today I decided to pull out an old stamp set (and some old ink and card stock colors) and make a set of cards.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®):
Stamps: Sage Advice
Card stock: Naturals White, Cool Caribbean, True Thyme, Vintage Violet, Really Rust
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, Cool Caribbean, True Thyme, Vintage Violet, Really Rust
Accessories: Labels Collection Framelits dies, Framed Tulips embossing folder, Beautiful Wings Embosslits die, Sherbet Ribbon Originals, 3/8" twill tape, stitched Vintage Violet ribbon, stitched True Thyme ribbon, Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots


Each card base was embossed with the Framed Tulips embossing folder. Then I wrapped a piece of coordinating ribbon around the card front about 2-1/2" from the fold on the left side.

To make the focal pieces, I stamped the images in the background (being sure to stamp on a piece of scratch paper first so the images were a bit lighter) and then stamped the greeting over the images. I cut out each piece with one of the Labels Collection Framelits dies and adhered it over the ribbon with Dimensionals.

The final detail for each card was to add the butterflies. The Beautiful Wings Embosslit die creates five embossed butterflies each time you run it through the Big Shot. I didn't want to use all five butterflies on each card front, so I used Mini Glue Dots to adhere three of the butterflies to the card front and the other two inside the card.

I also decided to stamp the envelopes so they coordinated with the cards. I stamped the images in the lower left corner of the envelope and on the middle of the flap on the back. I don't always do this step, but it does add a fun little touch to a set of cards, especially if it's going to be a gift.

I made a total of eight cards for this set: two cards in each color. I love the quotes in this stamp set, and I think they work great for an all-occasion set of card. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: