Saturday, November 10, 2012

Someone needs attention

Everyone who has a cat knows that they always want to be the center of attention. (Unless they don't. But either way it's really their call.) I've had cats most of my life, and it never fails that as soon as I sit down to do something -- sorting coupons on the coffee table, putting together a jigsaw puzzle, playing a board game on the floor -- a cat appears out of nowhere to sprawl out and knock things everywhere. (Whoever invented the raised grids for Scrabble games has my undying admiration and gratitude. I'm sure he or she had a cat.) The moment your attention is focused in a specific area, their radar senses it, and they must, without question, be in that area. It does not matter if you just spent hours painstakingly assembling the border of a 1,000-piece jigsaw puzzle of red and white candy canes. Nope.

Clearly, stamping is no exception to this rule, as Mielle reminded me yesterday afternoon. (Just before I took this picture she had been lying across my paper.) Sleeping on the pillow on the radiator right next to my stamping table was not close enough. She needed a little more of my undivided attention. She didn't make a mess this time -- my ink pads were closed, and she didn't walk across the stamp cleaning pad and leave little wet footprints everywhere -- but you might receive a card with a stray cat hair or two stuck between the layers. Think of it as Mielle sending her love.

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: