Sunday, November 4, 2012

Snow flurries

We had a very brief flurry of snowflakes a couple of weeks ago, but it's only a matter of time before the serious stuff is here. (Shudder.) For today, though, the snow is just on the cards I made this morning.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!® unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: The Snowflake Spot
Card stock: Whisper White, Basic Gray, Going Gray, Bashful Blue
Ink: Basic Gray, Going Gray, Bashful Blue, Jet Black StazOn, Illuminate
Accessories: Snow Flurry die, striped ribbon (Michaels), rhinestones, Dimensionals

The striped ribbon on these cards always makes me think of winter, so I used those colors as my inspiration. With the Snow Flurry die, I cut snowflakes out of Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Going Gray and Basic Gray card stock (the die cuts all three snowflake sizes at once) and then I grouped the  snowflakes into different color combinations.

I randomly stamped snowflakes in the two grays and blue over a 6-1/4" x 8-1/2" piece of Whisper White card stock. I also stamped some little snowflakes with the Illuminate ink pad, which adds a hint of shimmer. (I tried to capture the shimmer in this photo, but it's subtle.) I cut the white card stock into four equal pieces of 3-1/8" x 4-1/2" and then assembled the cards.

I used basically the same supplies for all of the cards, but just like snowflakes, they are all different (which is a little more interesting than making multiples of exactly the same card). Here is a little detail about each card:
Basic Gray card - I stamped one of the snowflake images with the Illuminate ink pad on the card base, although you can't really see it in the photo above.
Whisper White card - I matted the stamped panel with a piece of Going Gray card stock so it would stand out. (I think this is my favorite card of the group.)
Bashful Blue - I stamped the word “Joy” with Jet Black StazOn ink.
Going Gray - This card is actually 4-1/4” square. With the smaller size, I didn’t want the ribbon to take over, so I added just a little tab at the top.

I stamped "Season's Greetings" from the Curly Cute set inside each of the cards so they're ready to be sent for the holidays. I did have fun making these cards, but I really hope these are the only flurries I see for quite awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: