Wednesday, February 19, 2020

More rainbow backgrounds

Last month I shared several cards with rainbow backgrounds that I made with strips of card stock leftover from some bookmarks I made for my yoga teacher. Well, after those cards I still had strips leftover, so I ended up making three more rainbow cards that I never posted -- until now, that is!

Supplies:
Stamps: Simple Strips - Birthday (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, thick Whisper White, Lemon Lime Twist, Brights Collection card stock (Stampin' Up!); Delightfully Detailed Laser-Cut Specialty Paper (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Oreao (Taylored Expressions), Signo white gel pen (Uni-ball)
Accessories: Simple Strips die (Taylored Expressions), Hearts Entwined die (My Favorite Things), Mandala Cutting Plate die (Taylored Expressions), Moonshine Confetti sequins (Hero Arts), rhinestones (Stampin' Up!), Iridescent Sequin Assortment (Stampin' Up!), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute), foam strips (3M), Artist-tac adhesive sheets (Graffix)

Aren't they fun? The colors just make me happy, even though the cards themselves are fairly simple. Here's how I finished each card:

Left card - I added a framed piece of white laser-cut paper and a birthday sentiment strip to the rainbow panel. I trimmed the panel and attached it to a black card base so a narrow strip of black is visible on the right and left edges. A few sparkly sequins finish off this birthday card.

Middle card - I glued a white Hearts Entwined die-cut shape to the background and added little rhinestones in three of the hearts. Using a white gel pen, I doodled a border around the edges of the card base.

Right card - I die cut the Mandala Cutting Plate with white card stock and glued it to the rainbow background. I added some iridescent sequins, matching the sequins to the color of the stripes.

And that's it! Bright, simple cards that are sure to bring a smile to the recipients. Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Colorful, cheerful, uses bits of supplies leftover - can't go wrong. Plus, flat to mail easily - always good to have some of those on hand. These are winners!
Judy

Sunshine. said...

Very pretty, and a great way to use up card scraps that might otherwise end up in the rubbish! Love all the bright cheerful colours!
Sunshine.
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Lorraine said...

These are so pretty! What a beautiful way to use those scraps.

Andrea said...

Thanks, Judy! I always seem to need more cards that are easy to mail. :)

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine! These colors just make me happy!

Andrea said...

Thank you so much, Lorraine!