Friday, February 21, 2020

Elegant florals

Today I'm sharing a set of floral cards that is a little different: instead of stamping bright, colorful flowers, I stuck to an elegant black and white pallet with little accents of gold.


Supplies:
Stamps: You Are My Person, Empowered Words, Butterflies and Sunbeams (Unity Stamp Company)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black (Tsukineko), Art Philosophy Metallic Accents paint (Prima)
Accessories: Apothecary Accents dies (Stampin' Up!), Nested Banners dies (Simon Says Stamp), gold mini sequin trim (Stampin' Up!), foam tape (3M)


First, I apologize that these photos are so dark. I had a hard time getting good pictures of these cards, so the white card stock has a blue tint.


The You Are My Person stamp set from Unity contains four large flower images and a few sentiments, including the "you are lovely" in the top right card. I fell in love with the set as soon as I saw it!


For my first project with the set, I decided to make a set of one-sheet wonder cards. Using black ink, I stamped the four flowers all over a full 8-1/2" x 11" sheet of white card stock. Tip: When repeatedly stamping an image, be sure to turn the stamp so the images face different directions and look more natural.


Once the stamping was done, I cut the sheet into four panels that were each 4-1/8" 5-3/8". I felt like the panels needed a little "something," so I used some metallic paint to add gold splatter. Then I adhered each panel to an A2 black card base, leaving a 1/16" black border around the white card stock.


I used sentiments to create focal points for the cards. I stamped four different greetings on white card stock and then cut them out using either a banner die or a rounded label die.


I wanted to add some gold to the sentiments, so I adhered a length of gold mini sequin trim to each card base where I wanted to place the sentiment piece. Then attached the sentiments over the sequin trim using foam tape.


I enjoy making cards like this because they really can be used for any occasion, depending on what (if any) sentiments you use. I actually mailed out some of these cards as non-traditional valentines for friends.






Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Sunshine. said...

These are just beautiful! I LOVE black and white cards! You have done a wonderful job on these Andrea, they are beautiful. Great tip about stamping on a full sheet of card, and remembering to turn the card so the stamping looks more natural. I am inspired - again!
Sunshine.
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Elegant! The touches of gold (spatters and sequins) are perfect.
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks, Judy!