Friday, February 14, 2020

Happy Valentine's Day!

I don't do the whole romantic part of Valentine's Day, but it's a great reminder to send some love and hugs to my friends and family. I still have several valentines to share with you, but as I mentioned in my last post, some of my cards were more general friendship-type cards. So for today I'll focus on the designs that were more valentine-y (that's the technical term).

Supplies:
Paper: Crumb Cake note cards and envelopes (Stampin' Up!), Unforgettable Designer Cardstock Paper Pad (My Mind's Eye)
Accessories: Heart Frame dies (Avery Elle), foam tape (3M), Artist-tac adhesive sheets (Grafix), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute)

These cards are simple and use very limited supplies -- card bases, patterned paper, dies, and adhesive -- but I really like how they turned out. I love these colors together.

To make these cards, I determined what size I wanted the background layer and then cut a piece of card stock to that size. I covered that piece of card stock with adhesive (thank you, adhesive sheets) and just started adding strips of patterned paper. Once the panel was covered, I trimmed up the edges and glued the piece to the card base. Then I die cut the hearts and adhered them to the background panel with either liquid glue or foam tape. I didn't even add any sequins or embellishments to these cards. (Whaaaat?)

Supplies:
Stamps: Sending Love (Concord & 9th)
Paper: Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, vellum card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Worn Lipstick, Peacock Feathers, Candied Apple Distress Oxide inks (Ranger)
Accessories: Leafy Border stencil (Echo Park Paper Co.), blender brush (Picket Fence Studios), 2016-18 In Color enamel shapes (Stampin' Up!), foam tape (3M)

To make the background on this card I used a stencil and blender brush to apply ink to a piece of white card stock. I wanted the rows to be a pattern of different colors (patterns make my brain happy!), so as I blended ink onto each row, I used scratch paper to cover the rows above and below. Once the background was done, I adhered the panel to a Bermuda Bay card base.

To make the focal image, I stamped the heart on white card stock using Candied Apple ink, added the ends of the arrow with Peacock Feathers ink, and then cut out the image by hand. To help the heart stand out against the bold background, I added a layer of vellum over the background and then adhered the heart with foam tape. I finished off the card with three small pink enamel hearts.

I hope your day is filled with love and laughter! Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Sunshine. said...

These cards are soooo pretty! I love all the different colours, and the backgrounds are so much fun! Love the first card with all the different strops of DSP! They look great! I can't pick a favourite because they are all so pretty! Lotsa hard work!
Sunshine.
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Great cards! I'm inspired - I have coordinating paper pads/packs that would work so well for this kind of set.
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine!

Andrea said...

Thanks, Judy! It's a great way to use paper packs - especially the leftover scraps.