Monday, February 10, 2020

Meals on Wheels valentine roundup

Before I get to the photos of my last Meals on Wheels valentines, I thought I'd share a picture of the whole group of fifty cards. Drum roll please ...


Ta da! It's fun to see all of them together. I think it's a good group of cards; nothing fancy, but a nice variety.

So far I've shared details for all the cards except the two groups on the left side of the middle row and the middle cards in the top row. (To find the previous posts, click on the Valentine's Day label on the right.) Info about the cards in the middle row are below. However, I didn't do a separate post for the cards in the top row because they are made with the For the Love of Felt project kit from Stampin' Up!, and I basically made the cards as they were designed.

Now on to the last two groups of cards:

Supplies:
Paper: Thick Whisper White, vellum card stock (Stampin' Up!); patterned papers (unknown)
Ink: Signo white gel pen (uni-ball)
Accessories: Heart punches (Stampin' Up!), Hearts die (Sizzix), Cherry Cobbler baker's twine (Stampin' Up!), Diamond Dust sequins (The Makery), Quilt Top embossing folder (Stampin' Up!), foam tape (3M), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute)

While I was looking through one of my boxes of patterned paper, I found some scraps of red and white papers from previous Valentine's Day projects. I wanted to use them up, so I cut some into card backgrounds and then added a variety of mats, layers, punched or die-cut hearts, and sequins. Simple layouts, but definitely festive.

Supplies:
Paper: 80 lb Natural card stock (Cougar), Typeset Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP), Life's Journey Stamp Collage Embossed Paper (K & Company), red patterned paper (unknown), Real Red card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Crumb Cake (Stampin' Up!), Art Philosophy Metallic Acccents paint (Prima)
Accessories: Diamond Dust sequins (The Makery), Cherry Cobbler baker's twine (Stampin' Up!), Sunshine Wishes dies (Stampin' Up!), stamp-edge scissors (Fiskars), foam tape (3M), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute)

Finally I combined a few of the red paper scraps from the previous cards with some faux postage stamps and newsprint-style DSP to make a set of valentines with a vintage feel.



I sponged Crumb Cake ink around the edges of the DSP to make it look aged. And to add a little sparkle, I splattered a bit of metallic red paint across the paper. I added baker's twine bows to a few of the cards and then finished them up with (of course!) a few sequins.

Whew! That's finally it for my Meals on Wheels valentines. Now I have to move on to the valentines I sent out personally! I don't think I'll be able to post all of those before Valentine's Day. But the good news is that most of the cards are not very valentine-themed, so they're great designs for year-round card-making (and sending!). Stay tuned!

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fun to see them all together. The folks getting those cards are certain to enjoy them. Postage stamp themed cards always catch my eye - I like the scribbly heart die over the stamps - great idea.
Judy

Sunshine. said...

Wow, the cards look great Andrea! There's a lot of work involved, not to mention the time you have spent on them. The recipients wills love them and I am sure you will make their day! Well done! Give yourself a pat on the back!
Sunshine.
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Thanks so much, Judy! I've been having fun with those postage-stamp images. I must have liked them when I first used them, too, because I have several 12" x 12" sheets of that paper!

Andrea said...

Thank you, Sunshine! :)