Monday, November 26, 2012

More Christmas cards with Festival of Prints

Are you back for Day Two of the "Festival of Prints parade"? If you missed Day One, check out the fun Christmas cards in the Festival of ornaments post. Today I'm going to share three more Christmas card designs using the Festival of Prints Designer Series Paper (DSP) stack from Stampin' Up!®.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Word Play
Paper: Lucky Limeade, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla card stock; Festival of Prints DSP
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Window Frames Collection Framelits dies, Houndstooth embossing folder, 1/2" circle punch, Scallop Edge Border punch, paper piercer and mat, Festive Paper-Piercing Pack, Lucky Limeade ruffled ribbon, pearls, Tombow Mono Multi liquid glue, Dimensionals

I love how the Window Frames dies are the same shape as the Lucky Limeade parts of the pattern in this DSP. And those Lucky Limeade shapes were the prefect size to punch out and adhere inside the ornament in the stamped focal image. (It's hard to see in the photo, but there is also a tiny pearl inside the ornament.) To add texture to the card, I embossed the Cherry Cobbler mat with the Houndstooth embossing folder and adhered a piece of ribbon between the focal image and the mat.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Perfect Presentation
Paper: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler card stock; Festival of Prints DSP; silver glimmer paper
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Lucky Limeade
Accessories: Rhinestones, 1/8" Lucky Limeade organdy ribbon, Merry Minis punch pack, Dimensionals, Tombow Mono Multi liquid glue

The pattern on this paper seemed very busy to me, so I had a hard time deciding which stamps to use with it. I finally settled on this tree stamp because it was a bold image, but the text adds some visual interest. I stamped and cut out three trees and punched out a silver glimmer star for each. I added a little extra embellishment to the Crumb Cake tree -- rhinestones and organdy ribbon -- and adhered it to the card with Dimensionals.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Pines
Paper: Handsome Hunter, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake card stock; Festival of Prints DSP
Ink: Handsome Hunter, Early Espresso
Accessories: Merry Minis punch pack, linen thread, Dimensionals, Mono Multi liquid glue

Every time I look at this paper in the Festival of Prints DSP stack I see a flannel shirt. I can't help it. I briefly thought about making a card that looked like a shirt, but I decided to go with a woodsy, flannel-inspired scene instead, and this moose and pine trees fit the bill perfectly. It was a little time-consuming to cut out the stamped images, but I like "fussy cutting," so it wasn't too bad. And it was fun making a more masculine Christmas/holiday card.

Come back tomorrow to see three non-Christmas cards in my last post in the "Festival of Prints parade." Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Tina said...

Hi, I love your cards, they are always wonderful.