Saturday, June 3, 2023

Rainbow notecards

When I die cut the pieces to make a rainbow for one of my fun with foil cards, I ended up with enough pieces to make four more rainbows. So I combined them with some sentiment strips to make a set of rainbow notecards.


I kept these cards really simple with just the rainbow, sentiment, and a few sparkly sequins. I'm not sure yet what I will do with this set. My first thought was to leave each card in a public place (e.g., the library, on a bus seat, etc.) with a note inside to pass the card on and spread the sunshine. Realistically, I know they could just be thrown away, but I also think the possibility of having my cards shared by random people is pretty cool. (But maybe someone seeing a card in an un-addressed envelope somewhere would just be suspicious? I don't know. Oh, maybe I could put them inside library books. ) On the other hand, I have a friend whose daughter's birthday is coming up, and I think this would be a cute card set for a teenager, too. Decisions, decisions.

That's it for this week. I think the craft retreat -- and the summery weather lately -- sapped all my creative energy. I've wanted to sit down and make cards, but I just haven't had the motivation. I hope I'll have something to share with you next week! Thanks for stopping by!


 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are such cute an colourful cards Andrea! I like the idea of leaving them inside random books in the library! I have done this in the past, and wondered where the bookmark ended up. I made little angel cards that had an angel wing charm on, and I leave these in random places. I also sometimes give them to people I think may appreciate one. I am sure you will come up with a good idea!
You're talking about Summer and the heat, well today is freezing cold over here, not much sun, and a bit of a cold breeze. I am sitting here with my Ugg boots on, a hot water bottle on my knees and a blanket over my legs!
Sunshine

Andrea said...

Thank you, Sunshine! I think I'm going to keep these as a set to gift. But I love the idea of putting surprises in library books, so I think I'm going to make something to do that another time.