Friday, June 16, 2023

Floral DSP card sets

School's out! The last few days were a little crazy, but we made it. I managed to get a total of eleven card sets made for my coworkers. I was hoping for more, but I ran out of time. I shared the first two sets in my last post, I'll share three more sets tonight, and then four sets in my next post. (I didn't get good pictures of the last two sets because I finished them at the last minute.)

All of the card sets I made had a summery theme; today's cards feature flowers and butterflies and the retired Share What You Love Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP) from Stampin' Up!.


The top row of cards in this photo is one set, and the bottom row is the second set. I used a multicolored piece of DSP (4" x 4") for the top of each card and a monochromatic piece (1-1/2" x 4") for the bottom portion. (And as usual, it took me way too long to decide how to combine the pieces of DSP and then which color card bases to use with them.)

Originally I wanted to add die-cut flower silhouettes to the cards, but they didn't stand out enough against the bold flowers on the DSP. So I used a variety of butterflies cut from gold card stock instead. For the sentiments on these two sets I used a variety of sentiment strips. I finished each card with a few white or colored pearls.

For the third set of cards I used the same layout as the first two sets, but I switched up the sentiments for something a little different.

Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Good to hear school's out. Enjoy the summer! The gold butterfly die cuts look great on all the cards. I appreciate the inspiration of seeing the ideas for little changes (sentiments) to make sets of cards. Thanks for sharing!
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks for your kind comment, Judy!

Anonymous said...

So many beautiful cards Andrea! I really like all the pretty Butterflies! I am late at commenting as I have just come out of hospital, and am resting at home now. Enjoy your day!
Sunshine.

Anonymous said...

Great way to use your DSP! I need to do this too.
Sunshine.