Saturday, June 24, 2023

Framed birthday greetings

As I mentioned in my last post, after I cut out and painted all the Funky Nordic shapes for Christmas cards, I had a few that didn't seem to fit o holiday cards. I set those aside and used them on a birthday card instead.

At first I wasn't sure what kind of layout to use, and then I had the idea to add the die cuts to the corners of a frame. I found a crimped piece of Crumb Cake card stock that had been in my envelope of scraps forever and decided to try using it to die cut the frame. And I think it looks great! I love the added texture, especially with the flowers and leaves.

The rest of the card is pretty simple: I stamped "happy birthday" in the middle of the card front and added a few gold sequins. At the very end I decided to add some gold splatter, so I carefully and gently tapped my paintbrush to add the flecks of gold. (It worked okay, but next time I'll try to think of that before the rest of the card is done!)

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great card Andrea! I like how you have framed it. Sorry I haven't commented for awhile, I have just come out of hospital. Hope you are enjoying your holidays!
Sunshine.

Anonymous said...

I have similar thoughts for this one as for the Christmas set - the overall look is clean and bright, but also detailed. I like the frame layout too...and the gold spatters.
Judy