Saturday, June 17, 2023

Fruit and fish

I hope you're not tired of seeing card sets, yet! These should be the last sets I have to share for at least a little while. Today's sets have two different themes, which you may have guessed from the title of this post: fruit and sea life. That's a strange combo, I know, but the thing they have in common is punny sentiments.


Here are the two sets of fruit cards; the top row is one set, and the bottom row is the second. (Click on the photo to enlarge it and read the sentiments.) I used a variety of "fruity" products from several different companies. Once I had the patterned papers chosen and adhered to each card base, I couldn't decide how I wanted to add the sentiments. So I used two layouts for each set: two cards in each set have fruit shapes, and the other two have either a twine accent or die-cut words.

I think this is my favorite card from the fruit sets. I love the kiwi fruit paper, and the sentiment just makes me smile. I finished off the cards with coordinating sequins.


Here are the final two card sets I have to share. (Again, the top row is one set, and the bottom row is the second.) I've used the same "base" as the other card sets: a 4" x 4" piece of patterned paper at the top of the card base and a 1-1/2" x 4" piece at the bottom. With these cards, though, the patterned paper is almost little scenes. So I added die-cut seaweed, fish, and seahorses on two cards from each set. (Click on the photo to enlarge it.) On the other two cards in each set I added twine above the sentiment and a piece of burlap trim in the upper right corner.


Here is a closer look at one card of each style. Of course I had to finish them off with coordinating sequins.

I was initially a little nervous about handing out these card sets at work because they seem a little more simple than something I might normally make. But everyone seemed to like and appreciate them. Maybe next year I'll start earlier so I can make more.

Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great sets! I love the punny sentiments - they would put a smile on anyone's face! Thanks for sharing these sets.
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks so much, Judy!

Anonymous said...

Great way to use up your pretty dsp! (I need to do this) I too like the Kiwi Fruit paper, and the real Kiwi fruit, especially the gold ones as hey have less acid in them. You have been BUSY! Enjoy your holidays!
Sunshine.