Thursday, June 1, 2023

Check you out, graduate

I don't have much need for graduation cards, so I don't make them very often. Consequently, I don't really have any graduation-specific stamps or dies. So when I needed to make a graduation card for a friend's daughter recently, I started thinking about the products I do have that could be adapted for the occasion. The Check You Out stamp set from Stampin' Up! (retired) ended up being perfect for the occasion.


I used this layout the first time I made cards with this stamp set. I thought the stack of books would be fitting for a graduate. And I was pleasantly surprised to find that there was also a little grad cap image to put with the owl. I had forgotten about that, but it's perfect! I also remembered the "Congrats, graduate" sentiment on the Simple Strips Background stamp from Taylored Expressions, so I used a sentiment strip to give the owl something to perch on. Three glitter dots finish off the card.

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great stamp set Andrea! The card is perfect for a Graduate! That little Owl with his hat is so cute! I can see you could use that stamp set for many types of cards, not jus a Graduation card. Lot's of fun!
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thanks so much, Sunshine!