Tuesday, May 23, 2023

A dozen cards

I have three groups of cards left to share from the craft retreat I attended at the beginning of the month. Originally I was going to share each group in a separate post. But then I decided I was ready to move on to other things, so instead I'm going to share them all in one post. There are twelve cards altogether, so I'll just add a sentence or two about each card.


I love the color palette of these cards! The blue card was made for one of the challenges on my retreat BINGO board (to use Tri-Blend alcohol markers). I didn't want to do a lot of coloring, so I chose images that weren't too small or detailed. I colored and die cut the images and added a few small birds and some paint splatter to the background. For the other two cards, I stamped all the images on a half sheet of white card stock then trimmed it down for two card backgrounds. Each panel is matted with gold foil card stock. I added a stamped greeting to one card and die-cut letters to the other.

Most of these cards were designed for challenges. For the upper left card, the challenge was to make a card where 90% of the embellishments were made with stamping. I stamped and die cut a bunch of flowers and leaves for my embellishments. For the top middle card, the challenge was to make a card primarily with the products we received in our goody bags. The products I used were the patterned papers, the blue "happy" strip, and the arrow embellishments. The top right card wasn't a challenge; just a simple stamping card to try out a color combo. For the bottom left card, the challenge was to use three different die sets; I chose the flowers, the label shape, and the scalloped border. The last card was a color challenge. I stamped the colored blocks using the colors I chose for the challenge and then I added a small punched flower of each color for a simple embellishment.


And we're down to the last three cards! The purple card on the left was not a BINGO challenge, but it was a personal challenge. By the time we were starting to wrap up on Sunday morning I realized I had used every stamp set I brought with me except one. So I had to squeeze out one more card so I could say I'd used every stamp set. Yahoo! The other two cards were two more color challenges. For the card in the middle I used ink as the way to work in all my colors. I tried that method for the card on the right, too, but I wasn't crazy about how those three ink colors looked together. So instead I focused on card stock with a couple of die-cut sprigs and little punched flowers.

That's it! I've shared all 53 cards I made during the retreat. If you have any questions, just leave me a comment, and I'll do my best to respond as soon as I can. I'm not sure if I'll be back with another post this week. I have an idea brewing for a project, and if I decide to do it, I'll be busy making a bunch of cards in a short amount of time. :)

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a lot of beautiful, an very colourful cards Andrea! I can tell you had a fabulous time at the retreat!
They are all so pretty, but my fave card would be the gorjuss blue card, with the bird and balloon, in the first group of cards. I LOVE that blue colour! You made so many gorjuss cards- great job!
Sunshine.

Anonymous said...

A great assortment of cards! The two color blocked cards in the second group caught my eye right away. Having a fun time and creating 53 cards - sounds like a successful and enjoyable time at the retreat!
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine and Judy!