Sunday, May 7, 2023

Be Free in two styles

I'm a little late with this post. It was supposed to be my second blog post last week (I've been doing a pretty good job sticking to two posts a week!), but I actually went on a craft retreat over the weekend. It was my first retreat in four years (the first time I've gone anywhere since 2019), and I was busy getting ready and then having a great time, so I didn't get to blogging. But I made 53 cards over the weekend, so I'll have plenty to share for the next few weeks. :) 

Tonight I have a quick post featuring two cards made with the Be Free stamp set from Colorado Craft Company. 



For the first card I colored the image softly with colored pencils. I wanted it to have some dimension, so I cut out the die a few extra times and glued them together. (I love that the die even cuts out the spaces between the bars of the bird cage.) For the background, I stamped the lock and key images from the set on a Crumb Cake card base and added gold splatter. I added a few punched flowers and a twine bow for the final touches.


For the second card, I wanted a look that was a little more bold. I colored the focal image on this card with alcohol markers. I stamped a polka dot background on a red card base and added some gold splatter. (I've been loving splatter lately!) A small gold doily, a twine bow, and a few gold glitter enamel dots finish off this card.

Thanks for stopping by!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, you made 53mcards on your retreat! Sounds like a whole lot of fun and laughter! I can't wait to see what you made! These two cards are so pretty, I love the pop of blue flowers with the birdcage! Lot's of fun!
Sunshine.

Anonymous said...

great to hear about the retreat - Wow! 53 cards!
I like the subtle, soft colored card in the post...but of course, both are gorgeous!
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine and Judy! It was a wonderful weekend - I can't wait to share the cards I made!