Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Card sets with Everyday Doodles

When I shared the first cards I made with the Everyday Doodles and Everyday Punnies stamp sets, I mentioned that I wanted to use those stamps to make a couple of card sets. That was my second goal (and second accomplishment) at my craft retreat a couple of weeks ago.

For my card sets I chose eight images and sentiments and then paired each with a different main color. And since the images are relatively small, I decided to use note card bases, which are 3-1/2" x 5" (4 bar size). 

For the first card set, I cut a piece of each colored card stock to layer on the card bases and splattered the pieces with metallic white paint. I adhered them to the card bases (portrait orientation) and added a strip of black card stock across each card front. For the images, I stamped each outline in black two times and then stamped the fill-in image in the appropriate color. (I only stamped the bird once since I used the balloon for the second image.) After I die cut the images I glued them to small rectangles of white card stock. I matted the focal panels with black card stock and used foam tape to adhere them over the black card stock strips. I stamped the sentiments on strips of white card stock (I used the strips leftover from cutting white card stock into card panels) and then adhered them just below the focal panels.

For the second card set, I kept the same images, sentiments, and colors. This time I cut a narrow strip of each colored card stock and adhered them to the card bases (landscape orientation) about one-third of the way from the left edge. Then I stamped a sentiment in the lower right corner of each card base. I used a splatter stamp to add color to the right side of each card, making sure to leave space around the sentiments so they weren't hard to read. I stamped and die cut the images, adhered them to black stitched circle die cuts, and then attached each circle to the corresponding card base over the colored strip. I wanted a little sparkle on the cards, so I finished them with a few clear sequins.

I'll be back later this week to share a few more of the cards I made at the retreat. Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What lovely sets colourful cards Andrea! It's obvious you had a fabulous time at your stamping retreat! I particularly like the one with the little bird holding the balloon! But they are all fabulous!
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine! I think that's my favorite image, too. :)