Saturday, April 15, 2023

All-occasion cards with Everyday Doodles

One of the stamp sets I bought recently is Everyday Doodles from Ellen Hutson. I also got the matching dies and a set of sentiments that coordinate with the images, Everyday Punnies. (It's hard to pass up a good punny sentiment!) The Everyday Doodles set has outline images and also "filler" stamps you can use to add color. (Or you could just use the outlines or color the images by hand.) I had a lot of fun using those products with some patterned paper from my stash to make a few all-occasion cards.

For the first two cards I used the cute little bird image (outline and filler) and a couple of greetings from the coordinating sentiment set. To make the card on the right, I used two pieces of coordinating patterned paper -- the same color but different patterns -- and adhered one piece at the top of the white card base and one piece at the bottom. For the middle section I stamped four birds along a piece of white card stock. I added strips of scalloped black card stock above and below the focal images, stamped a sentiment, and finished the card with a few clear sequins.

For the card on the left, I first stamped and die cut a bird and a balloon. I knew this was going to be a very plain and simple card, so I decided to doodle a border around the card base. I made a wavy line with loops in it to mimic the string of the balloon. I placed a small strip of black polka-dot washi tape slightly below the center of the card front and used foam tape to adhere the die-cut images. I stamped the sentiment below the strip of washi tape and added a few sequins.

For the next two card I decided to try out a couple of the other images from the Everyday Doodles stamp set: the butterfly and the flower and leaves. The card on the left is a simple monochromatic design. I used two pieces of coordinating patterned paper, making sure that one was about twice as wide as the other. I glued the pieces to a white card base and attached the stamped and die-cut sentiment near the middle of the card with foam tape. I stamped the butterflies using one ink pad -- the outline images are stamped "full strength," and the wings were stamped on scratch paper then inside the outline to get the lighter color. I glued down just the middle of the butterflies so the wings provide a little dimension.

The last card again uses -- you guessed it -- two pieces of patterned paper. The background layout is very similar to the previous card; I just turned it on it's side and added a strip of black card stock across the seam in the papers. For the foal layer on this card I used a piece of white card stock stamped with a few flowers, leaves, and a sentiment and then layered it on a slightly larger piece of black card stock. I used foam tape to attach the focal piece near the bottom right corner of the card and added two black enamel dots in the upper left corner.

I have a few friends with birthdays coming up, and I think it would be so fun to gift them each a set of note cards using these images and sentiments. Add it to the project list!

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are great Andrea! I love how you can doodle a order around your cards. If I did that, it would be very crooked! I like all the different colours too!
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine! The trick is to doodle a line that is meant to be crooked! :)