I just realized that I’m behind on my blog posting (I know, shocking, right?). Back in July I spent a day playing around with my alcohol inks and making a bunch of different backgrounds. I thought I had already posted them, but I guess not. So here they are, better late than never:
I can’t give you the specifics on how I made any piece in particular since it’s been awhile, but in general I played around with the inks, alcohol blending solution, and rubbing alcohol. For tools, I used the Tim Holtz alcohol ink applicator with felt pads and an ink blower. My ink blower is an old one designed to hold a felt-tip marker and create colored splatter. I might get a new one someday, but for now it’s good enough.
It had been awhile since I used my alcohol inks, so I looked through a little instruction/idea booklet I have and also watched a couple of short YouTube videos to get started. There are some really amazing artistic things you can do with alcohol ink, but I just like to make these colorful panels for cards.
I ended up using some of these pieces for card backgrounds and some for die-cut pieces. I’ll shore those cards In my next couple of posts.
Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:
Post a Comment