In my last two posts I shared the cards I made while I was in Ankeny, Iowa, with my aunt Terry and friend Lisa. Now I want to share some photos from our crafty road trip. This will be a long post, but there are a lot of pictures, so you can scroll through.
We stopped at a rest stop for lunch. I had bought some fun containers and made us lunch: tuna salad, crackers, veggies and ranch, a clementine, a peanut butter packet, and a couple pieces of chocolate. Lisa brought a jug of iced tea that lasted us all four days.
After we checked into the hotel and had a few minutes to rest, we headed over to the Taylored Expressions (TE) Studio. We got to see Taylor, complete a make-and-take project, and of course do some shopping. I focused on expanding my TE color collection with several packs of card stock and coordinating ink pads. When we were done we stopped at a grocery store to pick up some dinner (Hy-Vee has really good store-made pizza!) and then headed back to the hotel to relax for the evening.
On Friday we had breakfast at the hotel and then drove to the scrapbook/papercraft store Memory Bound. Lisa loves this store, regularly watches their videos, and often does their online/virtual classes. She was excited to meet the staff in person. I bought a few packs of the Tim Holtz Palette Paper Collection, a Tim Holtz stamp set, a Distress Oxide Spray, and a few other things. When we were all shopped out, we went back to the hotel to eat lunch (leftovers) and do some crafting in the lobby. (Check out my previous posts if you want to see the Christmas cards or Halloween cards I created.)
For dinner that night we had yummy Mexican food at a local restaurant called Fiesta JalapeƱos. Back at the hotel after dinner, I wanted some reading time so I relaxed in a nice comfy lounger in the courtyard area.
Saturday morning was the big TE sidewalk sale. The sale started at 10:00, so we made sure we ate breakfast early and left the hotel by 9:30 (it was only a few minutes’ drive to the store). When we got there, there was already a huge line outside. Thankfully the weather cooperated and we were able to wait in the shade. The sale was in their new classroom area, and at 10:00, they started by letting in 25 people. As people finished, more shoppers were let in. I didn’t get a picture of the sale are because I was busy just trying to see everything and get through the crowd. From the sale area, everyone moved to the Studio to either shop more or head to the checkout. The second photo above is the line of people waiting to check out. They had extra people working so it actually went pretty quickly. The third photo is everything I got at the sidewalk sale. I hoped to keep my total under $75, and it was $74.99. :)
After the sale we headed back to the hotel for lunch and more crafting. For dinner we went out to a restaurant called 30hop. I had delicious fish tacos and a fun mocktail. Then we got fancy cinnamon rolls from Cinnaholic — I ordered a maple pecan cinnamon roll but saved it to eat later in the hotel room. (I forgot to take pictures that evening.)
It was time for more reading after dinner. There was a dragonfly flitting around me, and several times it decided to land on my book. I’m glad I got a couple of photos.
After breakfast on Sunday morning it was time to pack up and head home, each of us with a bag or two more than when we came. Ha ha! I always have mixed feelings at the end of a trip; it’s fun to get away, but it’s also nice to be back home.
Thanks for stopping by — and thanks for making it to the end of this post!

















No comments:
Post a Comment