Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Welcome to the middle ages

One of my cousins turned forty last month, and I had the perfect idea for a birthday card using the August My Monthly Hero kit from Hero Arts.

Supplies:
Stamps: August 2019 My Monthly Heor kit (Hero Arts)
Paper: 110-lb Solar White card stock (Neenah); Whisper White card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); alcohol markers - Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, Smoky Slate, Mocha, Ivory (Stampin' Up! Blends/Blendabilities)
Accessories: Pewter sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), silver Wink of Stella glitter brush pen (ZIG), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute), Dimensionals (Stampin' Up!)

The stamp set in the kit is full of medieval-themed images -- think queens, kings, knights, dragons, and jesters. I stamped a maiden, knight and banner, colored them with alcohol markers and cut them out with the coordinating dies. I also added silver Wink of Stella to some of the knight's armor, but it's hard to see in the photo.

I wanted to keep the card clean and simple, so I adhered the pieces directly to a white card base. I glued the banner flat and used Dimensionals for the maiden and knight. I stamped the sentiment above the images, and I love the twist on the traditional "happy birthday"!

I wanted to add something near the bottom of the card base, so I embossed three straight lines to create visual interest and a little texture. Three pewter sequins finish off the front of the card.


But wait! The best part just might be the inside of the card:


Ha ha ha! This sentiment just cracks me up, and I think it's perfect for a fortieth birthday!

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Sunshine said...

Well, I certainly got the giggles when I read the inside of the card! Very age appropriate:-)
What a fun set of stamps, and the card is great. I like the clean and simple look! The twist on the usual "Happy Birthday" is really cool, I love it!
unshine
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Sunshine said...

ooops, "Sunshine", not "unshine"!

Anonymous said...

So cute, I love the sentiment(s) - fun and lighthearted! So nice to have sentiments that can be used for the front and the inside of a card. I like the scored lines to balance the design too. A great design tip!
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine!

Andrea said...

Thank you, Judy!