Friday, October 11, 2019

You're rawr-some!

When I saw the Dino Days stamp set in the Stampin' Up! catalog, it went on my wish list right away. The dinosaurs are so cute, and I love the fun sentiments. Here are the first two cards I made with this set of stamps and dies:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Dino Days
Paper: Whisper White, Baked Brown Sugar, Coastal Cabana, Granny Apple Green card stock
Ink: Baked Brown Sugar, Granny Apple Green, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody
Accessories: Dino Days dies, Grass #2 die (Rubbernecker Stamps), Brights enamel shapes, Dimensionals, Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute)

I love how this card turned out, but I do wish I had used a different color for the card base. I used Coastal Cabana for both the card base and the dinosaur, and while I love the color, the little dino doesn't stand out the way I'd like him to.

For the rest of the scene, I hand-cut a hill from brown card stock and stamped a trail of dinosaur prints. I added a stamped and die-cut palm tree and several tufts of die-cut grass.

I attached the two dinosaurs with Dimensionals and stamped the sentiment "You're RAWR some!" There was something "missing" in the upper left corner, so I added two enamel dots in the same color as the card base.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Dino Days
Paper: Whisper White, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Pacific Point, Mango Melody, Poppy Parade card stock
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Pacific Point, Poppy Parade, Mango Melody
Accessories: Dino Days dies, Brights Candy Dots, pinking scissors (unknown), Dimensionals

For the second card, I started with the same color card base, but I tried something a little different with the layout. After I stamped and die cut the dinosaurs, I cut strips of card stock in three coordinating colors. I stamped footprints on the Bermuda Bay strip, the circle pattern on Pacific Point, and the sentiment on Mango Melody. I added a pinked Poppy Parade edge to the Mango Melody strip to mimic the dinosaur and then adhered the strips to the card base.

I used Dimensionals to attach the dinosaurs over the strips of card stock and added two Candy Dots in the upper left corner to finish it off. I stamped a birthday sentiment inside this card (and the first one), and I think this is perfect for celebrating a little boy's birthday.


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Sunshine. said...

These are cute and fun cards Andrea! The colours are great! I don't see a problem with having the dinosaur the same oolour as the sky,on the first card. The dinosaur's "fins" are a darker colour and because you have used Dimensiomals on him he stands out easily from the sky. I actually like it how it is! Two very cute and very fun cards! Awesome, I am inspired!
Hope you had a fun time at the craft show!
Sunshine.
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Thank you, Sunshine! :)