Saturday, October 5, 2019

Customizable card set

When I make card sets to give as gifts, I often leave off any sentiments so the cards can be used for a variety of occasions. But I was inspired by a post on the Taylored Expression's blog to make a set of cards that the recipient can customize by adding an appropriate greeting.

Supplies:
Stamps: Wildflower Background, Simple Strips Background (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: 110-lb Solar White card stock (Neenah), Basic Black card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black (Tsukineko); VersaMark (Tsukineko); Wild Dandelion, Sweet Mango, Coral Reef, Passionate Pink, Plum Punch, Turquoise Sea (Gina K Designs)
Accessories: Simple Strips die (Taylored Expressions), clear embossing powder (Stampamania), white embossing powder (Hero Arts), blender brushes (Picket Fence Studios), sparkling clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), foam tape (3M), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute), masking paper (Inkadinkadoo)

I stamped the Wildflower Background on six white card bases using VersaFine Onyx Black ink and then embossed them with clear embossing powder. I wanted to use blender brushes to add color to the blooms, so I created a reverse mask.

I stamped the flower image onto a sheet of masking paper, cut out a few of the blossoms, and placed the rest of the masking paper on one of the stamped card bases. I sponged ink over the openings in the mask, removed it from the card, and repeated with the next card. I was able to use the same mask for all six cards (although it was losing its stickiness by the last card).


With the card bases done I stamped the Simple Strips Background on black card stock using VersaMark ink. I embossed the image with white card stock and cut apart the sentiments with the coordinating Simple Strips die. I chose ten of the sentiments and applied a strip of foam tape to the back of each one. Then I attached a sentiment strip to one of the cards as an example for the recipient. (I tried to pick the most general sentiment so it would still work for a variety of occasions.) With that done, I decided the cards needed a little embellishment, so I added several sparkling clear sequins on each card.


To package everything, I placed the extra strips into a small zip-close bag. Then I just tucked the baggie into a clear card box along with the cards and envelopes.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Sunshine. said...

Beautiful coloured flowers Andrea! I like how you just coloured a few of the flowers on each card!
The sequins give the cards a touch of sparkle.Love them! great idea to let the recipient choose which sentiment they want to use for each card, great idea!
Sunshine
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

What a great idea for a gift set!
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine! Those are my all-time favorite sequins. :)

Andrea said...

Thank you, Judy! I need to make some more sets like this to have on hand.