Sunday, December 29, 2019

My 1,000th blog post!

Woohoo! I can hardly believe this is my 1,000th blog post. How did that happen? I feel like I should have done something really cool or fancy to mark the occasion. But with all the hullabaloo of the holidays, I didn't have time to think of or plan anything. So a regular old blog post it is.

I still have a lot (a lot, a lot) of cards I want to post before the end of the year. (And let's be honest, it's probably going to take the rest of the week, so I'll spill over into the new year.) I'll be posting them in groups, so for the most part I'll be focusing on photos and supply lists and probably not going into a lot of detail. But I'm happy to answer any questions you leave in the comments section, so ask away!

Today I'm going to share the rest of the cards I made during the 30-Day Coloring Challenge. (I shared the first few cards and a little info about the challenge in my blog post on Dec. 14, 2019.) It's an eclectic group of cards with, I think, a little something for everyone.

Supplies:
Stamps: Tulip Bouquet (Heartfelt Creations)
Paper: Basic Black card stock, Typeset Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP) (Stampin' Up!); watercolor paper (Strathmore)
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black (Tsukineko); ZIG Clean Color Real Brush markers (Kuretake)
Accessories: Tulip Bouquet dies (Heartflet Creations), linen thread (Stampin' Up!), Holiday Rhinestones (Stampin' Up!), Dimensionals


I absolutely love tulips, and I love how these tulips -- and the finished card -- turned out. Apparently I didn't write down the specific markers I used for this card and the others I colored with Clean Color markers. Sorry about that!

Supplies:
Stamps: Spice Pot (Waffle Flower)
Paper: Watercolor paper (Strathmore), Concord Crush card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black (Tsukineko), ZIG Clean Color Real Brush markers (Kuretake)
Accessories: Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), foam tape (3M)

I couldn't figure out how to embellish this card because nothing looked quite right. So I left it with just the focal panel on a solid card base.

Supplies:
Stamps: Fresh Cut Bouquet (Memory Box)
Paper: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Chocolate Truffle amalgam ink (Gina K Designs); colored pencils: PC908, PC909, PC912, PC916, PC922, PC932, PC946, PC995, PC1034 (Prismacolor)
Accessories: Express-O Yourself mini prills (USArt Quest), sparkling clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Sentimental dies (Avery Elle), Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables dies (Lawn Fawn), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute)


This card and the following one are made with the same stamp and the same layout. I just switched to a cooler color palette for the second card and eliminated the die-cut sentiment.

Supplies:
Stamps: Fresh Cut Bouquet (Memory Box)
Paper: Whisper White card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Chocolate Truffle amalgam ink (Gina K Designs); colored pencils: PC989, PC1005, PC905, PC992, PC1008, PC932, PC1002, PC917, PC902, PC911, PC1007 (Prismacolor)
Accessories: Express-O Yourself mini prills (USArt Quest), sparkling clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables dies (Lawn Fawn), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute)



Supplies:
Stamps: Oh My Whiskers, Purrrfect Sentiments (Honey Bee Stamps)
Paper: Pool Party, Lucky Limeade card stock (Stampin' Up!); watercolor paper (Strathmore)
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black (Tsukineko), ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Markers (Kuretake), Sugar Cube (Taylored Expressions)
Accessories: Oh My Whiskers dies (Honey Bee Stamps), Mini CLouds Stencil (The Crafter's Workshop), blender brush (Picket Fence Studios), Grassy Border die (Lawn Fawn), clear embossing powder (Stampamania), foam tape (3M)


Supplies:
Paper: Thick Whisper White card stock (Stampin' Up!), watercolor paper (Strathmore)
Ink: Fadeout No-Line Coloring Ink (Ink on 3), Inktense colored pencils (Derwent)
Accessories: Pattern Party decorative masks (Stampin' Up!), blender brush (Picket Fence Studios), water brush (Close to My Heart), clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen (ZIG), sparkling clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables dies (Lawn Fawn), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute)







For this card I used a no-line coloring technique with a stencil instead of a stamp, which I described in my
Dec. 14 blog post. This was the first time I used my Inktense colored pencils, so I went with a simple, bold rainbow palette.

Supplies:
Stamps/dies: November 2019 My Monthly Hero Kit (Hero Arts)
Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White card stock (Stampin' Up!); Spring Fling paper (Honey Bee Stamps); Wood Designer Card stock (My Mind's Eye)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Blends/Blendabilities alcohol markers: Night of Navy, Balmy Blue, Granny Apple Green, Smoky Slate, Bronze, Mocha, Soft Suede (Stampin' Up!); gold paint pen (Sharpie)
Accessories: Regals Candy Dots (Stampin' Up!), Dimensonals (Stampin' Up!)


This was a Christmas-themed kit, but I wanted to create a little non-holiday scene. I think it's pretty cute and cozy!

Supplies:
Stamps/dies: December 2018 My Monthly Hero Kit (Hero Arts)
Paper: Pool Party card stock (Stampin' Up!), watercolor paper (unknown)
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black (Tsukineko), Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), ZIG Clean Color Real Brush markers (Kuretake)
Accessories: Shimmer Liquid Watercolor (Taylored Expressions) (made into a shimmer mist with rubbing alcohol), clear Wink of Stella glitter brush pen (ZIG), mini action wobble spring (Art Impressions) Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute)


I sprayed the whole front of this card with shimmer mist, and it is so sparkly! And the fairy is on a mini action wobble spring, so she flutters a bit.

Supplies:
Stamps: Cabin Circlet Mini Tryfold (Art Impressions)
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Basic Black card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); blender pencil and colored pencils: PC911, PC1005, PC1084, PC925, PC904, PC948, PC1072, PC1074, PC933, PC901, PC908, PC909, PC943, PC947 (Prismacolor)
Accessories: Birthday Top Edgers dies (Impression Obsession), burlap trim ribbon (Stampin' Up!), black brad (Making Memories)


To make this card I used a stamp and die set in the Mini Tryfold line from Art Impressions. The set comes with three stamp images, two dies and instructions. It was easier than I thought it would be to create the card, although wasn't sure how to finish it off at the end. I left this one pretty clean and simple for a more masculine card. Below are additional pictures of the card opened and the colored images.


Thanks for stopping by today and being part of my 1,000th blog post -- and for making it to the end of this long post! Stay tuned for more cards and projects soon!

4 comments:

Sunshine. said...

Woohoo!! Congratulations on your 1,000th blog post!! How awesome!! Love all your cards here, my fave would be ones with the cats on:-) But they are all great and very colourful!
Great job Andrea!
Sunshine.
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

A big round of applause for 1,000 posts! Congratulations! The tri-fold cards caught my eye - love the peaceful scenes. I'll be keeping the Memory Box bouquet cards in mind for inspiration when I need a card for a gardening friend - they are beautiful.
Wonderful cards, all!
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine! I thought you would like the kitty cards. :)

Andrea said...

Thanks, Judy! I love that Memory Box stamp. It was part of the Stamptember event at Simon Says Stamp, and it's no longer available. I'm sure you could find something similar, but if you want that specific image, I'd be happy to stamp some and send them to you. :) Just let me know!