Monday, September 21, 2026

Sweet Havana

A few weeks ago I needed to make a sympathy card. I decided to use the Sweet Havana stamp set and the coordinating dies (Mama Elephant). It’s an older set that I haven’t used a lot, but I love the style of the flowers and the jug/vase. Using the Spa Collection - Zen Garden set of mini ink pads (Catherine Pooler), I stamped and then die cut a bunch of pieces and began assembling the bouquets.


The first two cards I made were both sympathy cards (I figured I might as well make more than one while I was at it). I created two simple bouquets in blue jugs and added a banner that said “sending love and hugs”to each. Using foam tape I adhered each bouquet to a die-cut stitched white oval.

For the card bases, I chose blue card stock to coordinate with the color of the jug. I embossed the front of each card base with an embossing folder and then added one of the completed focal layers. Inside each card I added a white panel stamped with a sympathy sentiment.


I had enough pieces left to make a couple more cards, so I created two more bouquets. For the first card (left) I used a white card base and embossed the front with a floral frame embossing folder. Inside the embossed frame I stamped “thinking of you.” I added a banner that said “and smiling just because” to the jug of one of the bouquets and then used foam tape to place it below the stamped sentiment.

For the second card (right) I used the same embossing folder, but this time with a light purple card base. I used liquid glue to adhere the bouquet near the top of the open area within the embossed frame. I found a die-cut “hello” in the tray on my desk that coordinated with the flower colors, and I glued that below the bouquet. I finished this card with a small linen thread bow on the handle of the jug.

Thanks for stopping by!




No comments: