Saturday, August 17, 2024

Sweet birthday treats

I have a serious sweet tooth, so when I saw that the August theme for the Stay Crafty with A Blog Named Hero challenge was "Sugar Sugar," I figured I should enter. The challenge is to make something sweet, so I decided to go with birthday cupcakes.

I used the Color Layering Cupcake stamps and dies (Hero Arts) to create the cupcakes. I wanted to have lemon frosting on my cupcakes, so I used two shades of yellow ink. The cupcake is chocolate, of course, and I used two shades of teal ink for the cupcake liner. I also stamped a few chocolate sprinkles on my cupcakes.

For the card base I used Bermuda Bay card stock and a Chocolate Chip frame made with Stitched Frame Stacklets 1 dies (Taylored Expressions). Inside the frame I stamped streamers, stars, and confetti images from the Cheeky Birthday stamp set (Hero Arts). I adhered the cupcakes in the lower left part of the card -- the front cupcake is popped up with foam tape -- and added a sentiment strip in the upper right corner. I finished the card with a few yellow sequins.

While I had out the Color Layering Cupcake stamp set, I decided to make two more cards. (Note: The rest of the cards in this post are not challenge entries.)

I stayed with the same kind of cupcake, but I switched the color of cupcake liner to purple. I cut the Birthday Message Cover Plate (Hero Arts) out of Lavender Lace card stock. For the first card (left), I adhered the die-cut layer to a Lavender Lace card base for a subtle, textured look. I adhered the cupcake just above the middle of the card and added a die-cut Gorgeous Grape "celebrate" (My Favorite Things) below the cupcake. Again I finished the card with yellow sequins.

For the second card, I used the letters from the die-cut Birthday Message panel and glued them to a Gorgeous Grape card base. I attached the cupcake toward the left side of the card using foam tape and added a small sentiment strip (Tiny Words Birthday, Simon Says Stamp) to the right of the cupcake. I chose sparkling clear sequins for a little bit of sparkle.

Since I'm sharing cards with sweet birthday treats, here is one last card:

This card came together pretty quickly. A few weeks ago I pulled out the Cake stamp set (Ellen Hutson) to make a birthday card, and in the package I found three images that I'd previously colored and die cut. Score! I took out those pieces and used foam tape to attach them to white stitched circles. While I was deciding on a card base, I found this one in my paper files, already stamped the scattered dots along the fold. I thought it looked like confetti falling, so I went with it. I arranged the images on the card base, added a stamped sentiment, and finished with some clear sequins.

I hope you have a sweet day. Thanks for stopping by!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yumm! Those chocolate cupcakes with lemon icing look good enough to eat! I too have a sweet tooth, and these cakes make me want to eat one! Love all the colours too!
Sunshine.

wienerhoneymooners said...

I agree, YUMMMMMMY Great colors, so festive and perfect! Thanks for joining the Stay Crafty Challenge with Blog Named Hero!

Andrea said...

Thank you!

Hannelie said...

I love those cupcakes! It's perfect for our challenge this month! Thanks for joining the Stay Crafty Challenge with Blog Named Hero!

Kate Deignan said...

Very cute! Thanks for being so sweet and entering our challenge!

Meg Brooks said...

I love your color combinations! Such sweet cards! Thanks for entering the challenge.

Anonymous said...

These are so sweet! I love the colour choices, absolutely beautiful cards! Thanks for playing along with Stay Crafty With A Blog Named Hero Challenge. Kanan