Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Bits and pieces

When I am crafting I often end up with bits and pieces -- a die-cut word, punched shapes, background panel, etc. -- that don't quite work for the card I'm making. If they're something I think I can use later, I save them, either in a little dish on my desk or in a plastic container. Recently I decided to put some of these pieces to use in a few birthday cards.

For these two bright birthday cards, the only "new" items I used were the card bases, the black sentiment strip on the yellow card, and the enamel dots. The "oval" shapes on the blue card were the leftover pieces from Christmas cards I made last year. I think they make a fun background!

For the butterfly card, I used a lot of bits and pieces, and I only added the gray card base. It's hard to see in the photo, but that card base (as well as the blue card base above) is splattered with some Sparkle Silk. For the owl card, I used a layer of woodgrain card stock on the card base. I had all the owls stamped from a long time ago; I just punched them out with a circle punch. I did have to stamp and punch out the sentiment because I wanted something punny. I also added the little party hats to make the card a little more festive. 

It always feels good to use some of the bits and pieces hanging around my desk -- because I know I'll probably have more to add to the pile soon. :) Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great idea to use up bits left over from a card, or things you have stamped previously but not used. I have mine in a zip lock plastic bag. However, I often forget to use those bits, until after I have made the card! I love the Owl with their cute little party hats on!
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine! I don't remember to use those pieces often, either, unless I specifically plan to use them. I like the owls with their hats, too. :)