Thursday, April 29, 2021

Free As a Bird

We've had a stretch of cool, rainy weather in my neck of the woods, but today was a beautiful sunny day. The perfect time to share a few spring-y cards made with the Free As a Bird stamp set.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Free As a Bird
Paper: Whisper White, Balmy Blue, So Saffron card stock
Ink: Balmy Blue, So Saffron, Memento Tuxedo Black; Blends markers - Balmy Blue, So Saffron, Soft Suede, Granny Apple Green
Accessories: Stitched Nested Labels dies, Subtles and Neutrals Candy Dots

I love this stamp set, so I used a simple layout for these two cards, allowing the image of birds on a branch to hold the spotlight. I colored the images with Blends alcohol markers and die cut them with a stitched label die. For the card bases I used So Saffron and Balmy Blue card stock and tone-on-tone stamping to add a few flowers and leaves on the background. I added two enamel dots to each label shape for just a little embellishment.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Free As a Bird
Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Shimmery White, Rich Razzleberry card stock
Ink: Crumb Cake, Coastal Cabana, Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables dies (Lawn Fawn), Stitched Nested Labels dies, It's My Party enamel dots, water brush (Close to My Heart), foam tape (3M)

These two cards are the result of a virtual card-making challenge I did with a crafty friend. I selected the color combo (Crumb Cake, Coastal Cabana, and Rich Razzleberry), and she picked the stamp set -- but we didn't know ahead of time what the other person had chosen. It's a bit of an unconventional color pallet for this stamp set -- but I think I made it work.

For the card on the left, I stamped a few images from the set in each of the colors on a panel of white card stock. I die cut the panel, matted it with Rich Razzleberry card stock, and then adhered it to a Crumb Cake card base. I stamped the sentiment on a strip of white card stock and added a few hand-cut stamped images from the stamp set.

For the card on the right, I wanted to try something a little different. I stamped the image on Shimmery White card stock using Crumb Cake ink, carefully watercolored parts of the image using a water brush, and then die cut it with a stitched label die. For the Crumb Cake card base I stamped a few images and a sentiment using Crumb Cake ink and added a strip of Rich Razzleberry card stock. I adhered the focal panel over the Rich Razzleberry card stock using foam tape and finished the card with a couple of enamel dots.

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All very pretty and "springy"! I like that the first pair do not have a sentiment on the front. It's a good design to have on hand for any occasion. Thanks for the inspiration!
Judy

Andrea said...

You're welcome, Judy! And thank YOU for all of your kind, thoughtful comments!