Saturday, August 24, 2013

One-layer cards for him and her

I've been feeling a bit under the weather lately, and the heat and humidity have kicked up again, so I haven't done much stamping the past few days. Mostly lying on the couch and reading a book or playing games on my Kindle. But I needed a change of scenery today, so I spent a bit of time in my craft room. I wasn't in the mood for fussy or complicated crafting, so I created four one-layer cards, two feminine and two masculine.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Four You, Bright Blossoms
Cardstock: Shimmery White
Ink: Soft Suede, Old Olive, Strawberry Slush
Accessories: Season of Style washi tape, Simply Scored tool

Both cards started with a Shimmery White cardstock base, and I stamped a sentiment and flower image near the bottom of each card. For the card on the left, I placed a strip of washi tape below the images and added a scored line below the washi tape and around the three edges of the top of the card. For the card on the right, I scored a border all around the card after stamping and then added a piece of the washi tape below the stamped images and inside the scored border. The washi tape was a bit wider than what I needed, so I just trimmed it to the width I wanted before adhering it to the card.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Four You, By the Tide
Cardstock: Naturals Ivory
Ink: Crumb Cake, Island Indigo, Early Espresso
Accessories: Season of Style washi tape, Simply Scored tool

I used a similar layout for the masculine cards, but I switched to a horizontal orientation. On the left card, the scored lines are just on the upper corners, about 1" across and down on each side. On the right card I  placed the two strips of washi tape after stamping and then added score lines to continue the edges of the tape. I scored these lines from the front of the card, so the lines are debossed instead of embossed.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Billie said...

I love your cards! I made one similar to your Bright Blossoms but on MDS. I want to make the other card, too! Thank you for sharing.