Thursday, August 15, 2013

Tape It

Washi tape is still a fairly new crafting supply for me, but I'm quickly becoming a fan. I love how washi tape makes it so easy to add a touch of color or a pattern to any card or papercraft project. And now with Stampin' Up!'s Tape It stamp set, I can create the look of washi tape in a variety of patterns and in any color I want. Perfect!

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Tape It, Four You
Cardstock: Whisper White, Strawberry Slush, Soft Suede, Bermuda Bay
Ink: Strawberry Slush, Soft Suede, Bermuda Bay, Soft Sky
Accessories: Rhinestones, white baker's twine, Petite Curly Label punch, Dimensionals

This card was so quick and simple to make: I stamped the greeting and the tape images, layered on a cardstock mat and punched shape, and added a couple of embellishments. Since washi tape generally has a casual look and feel, I didn't worry about having the stamps perfectly straight and even. Of course, you could always use the Stamp-a-ma-jig tool if you wanted to be more precise. And you could easily change the sentiment and/or color scheme to make this layout suitable for any occasion.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Tape It, Label Love
Cardstock: Basic Gray, Summer Starfruit, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Gray, Summer Starfruit
Accessories: Label Card Thinlits dies, Artisan Label punch, Cupcake Builder punch, Summer Starfruit stitched satin ribbon, Dimensionals, Mono Multi liquid glue

For this card I decided to use all eight images in the Tape It set to create a background panel. Since there are so many patterns, I used just one color, Basic Gray, to keep the background from becoming too busy.

I added a few touches of Summer Starfruit to the gray and white color combo: the mat behind the background layer, some ribbon and the sentiment. To create the sentiment I used the new Label Card Thinlits dies. The die doesn't include the dot for the i, so I used one of the circles on the Cupcake Builder punch to create a dot. To adhere the sentiment to the Artisan Label punch, I used Mono Multi liquid glue. This would be a great design to use for a card set -- stamp six or eight background panels and just change the accent color for each card.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: