Saturday, August 31, 2013

Farewell, summer

I can't believe it's already the last day of August. Where did the month go? Where did the whole summer go? While there are things I love about the season -- listening to thunderstorms, reading a book in the shade of a tree, seeing the sun when I leave for work in the morning -- I'm not really a summer girl at heart. So I'll bid farewell to summer with two very simple cards featuring some of the Chiyogami papers I bought at the beginning of the month (see Pretty papers post).

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Paper: Lucky Limeade cardstock, Chiyogami paper (The Japanese Paper Place)
Accessories: Lucky Limeade 1/8" organdy ribbon, small tropical sheer blossoms and leave (Creative Impressions), glitter brad (unknown)

I absolutely adore this purple and green floral print, so I just let it have the spotlight on this card. A little embellishment of ribbon and a flower were all I needed to add. I wish you could see all the shimmer on the paper!

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Four Frames, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Pool Party, Whisper White, Blushing Bride cardstock; Chiyogami papers (The Japanese Paper Place)
Ink: Pool Party, Encore gold
Accessories: Decorative Label punch, clear embossing powder, Pool Party seam binding ribbon, mini jewel (Doodlebug Design Inc.), Dimensionals

I like how the frame image on this card complements the soft, delicate feel of the flowers in the Chiyogami paper. I stamped the frame in gold to pick up the gold in the paper and then embossed it with clear embossing powder. A sparkling jewel and bit of ribbon complete the card.

I don't know about you, but I'm ready for autumn. Thanks for stopping by!





1 comment:

glacey said...

ahhh .. so calming and beautiful