Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Tape It revisited

Last week I shared a couple of cards made with the Tape It stamp set. I have to say that I think this set and the Gorgeous Grunge set are going to become two of my go-to sets for backgrounds. You can add one or two simple elements to a card or fill an entire card front. Here are two more ideas for ways to use Tape It.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Tape It, Four You
Cardstock: Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Basic Black
Ink: Crushed Curry, Gumball Green, Bermuda Bay, Jet Black StazOn, Basic Black marker
Accessories: Candy Dots - Neutrals, Dimensionals

I'm so glad that Stampin' Up! brought back Crushed Curry and Bermuda Bay to add to the color collections; they were both In Colors a few years ago, but I didn't really start to like them until their In Color "reign" was almost over. It's fun to use them again with new colors, and I love them in this combo with Gumball Green.

For this card I stamped three of the Tape It images across a piece of Whisper White cardstock. They're not perfectly straight or even, but I'm OK with that for this type of card. I stamped the sentiment in Jet Black StazOn on a strip of Whisper White cardstock, tore the ends to mimic the stamped images and adhered it to the card with Dimensionals. I wanted to add more black to the card front, so I made a faux stitched border with my Basic Black marker and placed three Candy Dots in the upper left corner. I layered the white panel on a piece of Crushed Curry cardstock and adhered it to a Basic Black card base.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Tape It, Dictionary, For You
Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Whisper White
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Gumball Green, Sahara Sand, white gel pen
Accessories: Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, Candy Dots - Neutrals, Glue Dots

I didn't realize until I took this picture how crooked the sentiment is. Bummer. Anyway, I stamped the Tape It images on Whisper White cardstock and cut them out. I also cut the chevron image in half so all the pieces were about the same length. I adhered the pieces across the Sahara Sand card front, which I had already stamped with the Dictionary background stamp. I stamped the greeting on another piece of Sahara Sand cardstock and adhered it across the faux washi tape. I wanted to add a few simple embellishments, so I doodled a border around the card front and greeting layer with a white gel pen and added a small flower (made with one of the Itty Bitty Shapes punches and a Candy Dot center) to the focal image.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Me, My Stamps and I said...

I Just LOVE these cards. The colors are so delightful. I just have to case one of them for my Consider It Cased week.
Tfs:)