Thursday, February 21, 2019

A birthday brew

Guess what? We had another blizzard yesterday. Sigh. I don't know how much snow we got this time; it doesn't really seem to matter at this point. There is just snow everywhere, and I am done shoveling. Done. I'm running out of places to throw the snow.

This winter may just drive me to drink, so here is a fitting card:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Bubble Over, Itty Bitty Birthdays
Paper: Thick Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Crushed Curry card stock; gold foil sheets
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Bottles & Bubbles Framelits dies, Paper coaster (Hero Arts), Itty Bitty Accents punch pack, Brights enamel shapes, sponge, Dimensionals

I actually prefer fruity, tropical drinks over beer, but this birthday card was perfect for my cousin's husband. Although if I were making this card today, I might have found a way to stamp "Have a blizzard brew."

I think my favorite part of the card is the paper coaster. Ages ago I bought a kit (on clearance!) that included twenty paper coasters, a few stamps, and a mini stamp pad. The idea of the kit is to make personalized coasters for a party. Now I'm not a big party-er, but I thought the coasters would be great for making cards, banners, or other projects. I'm glad I thought to add one to this card!

I did sponge Chocolate Chip ink around the edge of the coaster, as well as the bottles, to add some depth. And I built on the circle theme by stamping overlapping circle images on the background and adding three enamel dots in the top left corner.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Bubble Over, Itty Bitty Birthdays
Paper: Soft Sky, Whisper White, Gorgeous Grape, Call Me Clover, Poppy Parade, Lemon Lime Twist card stock; silver foil sheets
Ink: Soft Sky, Gorgeous Grape, Call Me Clover, Poppy Parade, Lemon Lime Twist, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Bottles & Bubbles Framelits dies, clear droplets (Pretty Pink Posh), Dimensionals, Corner Chomper (We R memory Keepers)

Here is a fun card for the younger set or, really, anyone who prefers soda over beer. I chose a few bright colors, die cut the pop bottles -- think Tahitian Treat, Grape Crush, and Mountain Dew -- and created a matching label for each bottle. I added silver caps on two of the bottles and die-cut straws to the other two.

I used Soft Sky for the card base and added a strip of silver foil paper along the bottom to create the look of a metal counter top. I played around with the position of the bottles, and once I was happy with it, I glued down the two outer bottles. Then I stamped the bubbles on the card base before attaching the other two bottles with Dimensionals. A few clear droplets add to the fizzy effect, and to finish the card, I added a narrow white banner stamped with a sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by today! I'll just be sitting over here crossing my fingers that we don't get any more snow. At least not in February ...

6 comments:

Lisa Petrella said...

These cards are so super fun! My friends and I are huge fan of craft beer and I think these products would be so perfect for making cards for them!!!

Anonymous said...

Both great cards - but if I had to choose, I do like the colorful bottles on the second card. (For what it's worth, I'm tired of snow too, but at least I've done more crafting, since I don't really see a reason to go out and about unless I really need to - like work and those important things! :-)
Judy

Sunshine said...

Sorry to hear about all the snow you have, I hope you get some "snow free" days soon! I like both these cards and couldn't say which is my fave! They are both great. I like the idea of using the coaster, it looks great! Fablous idea!
Sunshine.
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Thanks, Lisa! It is a fun sett set of products.

Andrea said...

Thanks, Judy! I probably wouldn't mind all the snow quite so much if it meant I had more crafting time. It just hasn't seemed to work out that way. Oh, well!

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine! I was thinking it would be fun to really personalize a card by using a coaster featuring the recipient's favorite beer. :)