Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Bright colors needed

I am ready for winter to be over. For the past week it's been snowing, and snowing, and snowing. Sure, it can be pretty. But when you have to go out and shovel every day of the week, often multiple times a day, and the snow just blows back in your face, the beauty kind of wears off. So as I sit at my craft table and look out at the expanse of white, I decided I needed to share a card with some bright colors.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Hip Hip Hooray (Echo Park)
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Melon Mambo card stock
Ink: Melon Mambo, Lemon Lime Twist, Flirty Flamingo, Stardust Gelly Roll pen (Sakura)
Accessories: Lemon Lime Twist ombre ribbon, glitter enamel dots, Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), foam tape (3M)

This color combo is a little out of my comfort zone, but I love the way this card turned out. It makes me think of flowers or berries -- summery sorts of things. Sigh.

When I started stamping the balloons on the card base I realized that it was the perfect image for a repetitive tile effect. And since it's a clear stamp, it was easy to eyeball the placement of the images. I did clean off the stamp and switch colors every few images, working down the card base, rather than trying to stamp all of the balloons in one color before switching to the next color.

For the focal image, I stamped the sentiment in the darkest color, Melon Mambo, and matted it with coordinating card stock. Along the bottom edge of the focal piece I added Lemon Lime Twist ribbon, adhering it to make a series of loops. I used foam tape to adhere the panel to the card base.

You can't have a birthday card without a little sparkle, so I added three green glitter enamel dots and colored in the white dots on the word "super" with a glitter pen.

I hope your day is filled with all kinds of color. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: