Tuesday, February 26, 2019

For a fun-gi

I love mushrooms and a good pun, so this card was a lot of fun to make:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Tree Rings, Punny Man 2 (Taylored Expressions), Snailed It (Essentials by Ellen)
Paper: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, textured Soft Suede card stock
Ink: Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Poppy Parade, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Clear Droplets (Pretty Pink Posh), Art Glitter Glue (Art Institute Glitter)

I love how this card turned out - the neutral color pallet with a pop of color, the nature images, and of course, the witty sentiment. (I wish I had noticed that the card stand was covering up the sentiment before I took the picture, though.)

Everything is pretty straightforward with this card, but I will point out how I made the two-tone mushroom caps. I inked the whole stamp with Pumpkin Pie ink and then rolled the edges of the stamp in Poppy Parade ink before stamping it on the card stock. I got a little more red ink than I originally intended, but I think it works.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

A cute and fun card Andrea! Love the colour combinations!
I hope you are not as snowed in as you were!
Sunshine.
ihearttostamp.blogspot.com