Saturday, July 29, 2023

Always Delightful

I got to have a craft day with my crafting bestie last week, and it was a lot of fun. I had a productive day making cards with some stamp sets and inks that I had purchased within the last several months but hadn't used yet. I made two cards with each stamp set, and I'll share them in three posts. Today's cards were made with the Always Delightful stamp set (Gina K Designs).

For these two cards I used the Apothecary collection of inks (Catherine Pooler). I love the muted colors, and I think they look so pretty with these flowers. For the first card, on the left, I stamped some foliage and flowers inside the cloche image, die cutting a few of the flowers to layer on the greenery. I die cut the cloche and used foam tape to adhere it to a light purple card base stamped with the old Dictionary background stamp (Stampin' Up!). A die-cut sentiment and a few pearls were the finishing touches.

For the second card I used one of my favorite techniques: I just stamped several images from the set, each in a different color, all over a piece of white card stock. It's a bit like making your own patterned paper, and sometimes I'll stamp a whole sheet of card stock and cut it up into four card-sized panels. (Add a different sentiment to each card and you've got a quick set of cards for a gift.) One tip for this technique: Be sure to start with the largest image and work down to the smallest. That way you can ensure that there is room to stamp everything.

I also stamped the large flower and a leaf on a separate piece of white card stock, die cut them, and used foam tape to adhere them over the same images stamped on the main panel. I placed a die-cut sentiment below the flower (it's dark purple, although it looks black in the photo), wrapped twine around the panel, and added a few yellow sequins. The whole panel is attached to the card base with foam tape.

Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards Andrea! I do like the soft muted colours, I think they are so pretty! Glad you had a fun time with your stamping bestie!
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine!

Anonymous said...

Such pretty color combination. I like how you added the one popped up large flower on the second card. And appreciate the hint about starting with the largest image when making a stamped background.
Judy

Andrea said...

Thanks, Judy! I always appreciate your kind comments.