Monday, July 24, 2023

Birthday fishes

Happy Monday! I hope your week is off to a good start. I'm trying to catch up on some blog posts today. I intended to finish this post over the weekend, but then I decided to rearrange and reorganize my craft room. Uff da. It was a big project, but I'd been wanting to do it for awhile. I like the new arrangement so far, but I haven't had a chance to do any crafting yet; that will be the true test. 

But back to today's post. Here are some cute birthday fishes:

I'm really pleased with how these cards turned out. To make the fish, I used the School of Fish die (Memory Box) and an old gel print. I wasn't crazy about the gel print itself, but I love how it worked for these die-cut fish. I did have to layer the fish, because the gel print paper was light-weight; I just cut another round of fish out of card stock (I used a light orange to coordinate) and glued the pieces together. If I'd thought about it ahead of time, I probably would have adhered the gel print to card stock first and then die cut the fish.

For the card bases I used blue card stock embossed with the Seabed embossing folder. I love all the fun underwater details. To make the sand, I cut strips of Crumb Cake card stock, tore along the top edge, and repeatedly stamped a speckle- or splatter-style image to add texture. I finished the scenes with a few die-cut pieces of seaweed and coral, a small wooden seashell on each card, and a few clear droplets. I added the punny sentiment "birthday fishes" on a small strip of card stock near the upper right corner of each card.

"Fishing" you a great day! Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute cards and beautiful colours! Love the seaweed die cuts! I too need to sort out my craft room, but it's such a mess I keep putting it off!
Sunshine.

Andrea said...

Thanks, Sunshine! It's such a pain to reorganize -- I don't have a big room, so I have to take almost everything out so I can move the furniture and then haul it all back in. But it feels good to have it done!