Monday, March 12, 2012

Bright blossoms

Today I'm going to share a couple of more cards that I made with some of my new stamping supplies.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®):
Stamps: Bright Blossoms, Thank You Kindly
Paper: Whisper White, Lucky Limeade, textured Rich Razzleberry card stock; Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Ink: Lucky Limeade, Rich Razzleberry markers
Accessories: Top Note die, jumbo oval punch, Decorative Label punch, In Color Designer Printed brads, Dimensions

I wasn't sure about this color combination when I started, but I really like the little touches of green, especially the brad (which was a last-minute addition). I used the Top Note die to cut a piece of Whisper White card stock and a piece of DSP. Then I cut the DSP Top Note shape in half and adhered half of it to the bottom of the white Top Note shape. (The other half of the DSP piece is on the next card, with the reverse print visible.) The entire Top Note shape is adhered to the card base with Dimensionals.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Bright Blossoms
Paper: Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, textured Old Olive card stock; Summer Smooches DSP
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Old Olive
Accessories: Top Note die, polka dot Old Olive ribbon, Boho Blossoms punch, Brights Collection buttons, basic rhinestones, white baker's twine, Glue Dots

This card is a perfect example of how mistakes are really just opportunities for embellishment. First, I forgot the green in the DSP is supposed to be Lucky Limeade, and I used Old Olive instead. Luckily, ribbon colors are often "flexible" enough to coordinate with multiple card stock and ink colors. Second, when I was trimming the polka dot ribbon, I cut too much off on the right side. So I covered the bare spot with a button (and added one to the left side for balance). Third, I stamped the flowers off-center, so I added some layered punched flowers to the upper left corner of the Top Note shape to fill a bit of the empty space. I don't always have the patience to "fix" my mistakes, but it's nice when it works out.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: