Sunday, March 4, 2012

Vintage variety

Today I sat down with my Fresh Vintage stamp set, which I've had for about a month but haven't used yet. I decided I wanted to focus on clean and simple layouts, so I made four cards using only this stamp set and a few other supplies. Here are today's creations (all supplies are from Stampin' Up!® unless otherwise noted):

Supplies:
Stamps: Fresh Vintage
Card stock: Whisper White, Real Red
Ink: Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive markers
Accessories: Framed Tulips embossing folder, Labels Collection Framelits dies, Pumpkin Pie taffeta ribbon, basic pearls

To make the multicolored focal image, I used markers to color directly on the rubber stamp. It's such a detailed image, I was afraid I was going to miss coloring a spot or color something the wrong color. But I love the way it turned out. After I stamped the image, I cut it out with the third-smallest Labels Collection Framelit die. Then I placed that same die on the Real Red card stock, traced the outer lip and cut it out. That enabled me to have a smaller border than I would have by just using the next largest label die. I finished off the card with an embossed border, some ribbon and a few pearls.

Supplies:
Stamps: Fresh Vintage 
Card stock: Whisper White, Basic Gray
Ink: Crushed Curry
Accessories: 1-3/8" square punch, Basic Gray taffeta ribbon, Dimensionals

I love how the background on this card turned out; I repeatedly stamped the large floral image, turning it as needed to fill in the white space. Again, this is a very basic card layout, but I wanted to keep it simple so the background could really stand out. I added a few Basic Gray accents, and I think it's a striking color combination.

Supplies:
Stamps: Fresh Vintage 
Card stock: Whisper White, Vintage Violet
Ink: Vintage Violet, Almost Amethyst
Accessories: Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder; 1/2", 1-1/4" and 1-3/8" circle punches; Wisteria Wonder baker's twine; basic pearls; Dimensionals

To create the distressed look for the background on this card, I first embossed the card base and then lightly rubbed the Almost Amethyst ink pad along the sides and over the top so the ink pad caught just the raised parts of the background. The baker's twine is wrapped three times around the card front, and the knot is hidden behind the layers of punched circles.

Supplies:
Stamps: Fresh Vintage 
Card stock: Whisper White, Brilliant Blue
Ink: Brilliant Blue
Accessories: Postage stamp-edge scissors (Fiskars), blue organdy ribbon (unknown), basic pearls, Dimensionals

To create the background on this card, I used the same technique as I did for the yellow card above; the only difference is that the images on this card aren't quite as close together. The square "stamp" image is designed to coordinate with Stampin' Up!'s Postage Stamp punch, but that's one of the few punches I don't have yet. So instead I used a scissors with postage stamp-style edge to trim the stamped image. This card definitely uses minimal supplies, but I think it's still pretty. A set of six cards with this layout -- but each in a different color -- would be a great gift.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: