Friday, March 9, 2012

Happy hellos card set

This week hasn't been a terribly crafty one for me. I've been fighting off either a head cold or allergies and really just want to lie on the couch and watch various Victorian-era movies and mini series on Netflix. But I decided I needed to create something, so I went with a simple card set that uses mostly patterned paper and has minimal stamping:

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!® unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Lots of Thoughts
Card stock: Whisper White, Peach Parfait, Bashful Blue; pink, yellow, green, purple (Archiver's); The Glitter Stack (Die Cuts With a View)
Ink: Jet Black StazOn
Accessories: White grosgrain ribbon, large oval punch, scallop oval punch, Boho Blossoms punch, Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, basic rhinestones, Dazzling Details, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

I love the colors on these patterned papers (they remind me of spring and Easter eggs), as well as the combination of stripes and flowers. The glitter in the card stock (on the white between the stripes and on the flowers) is like icing on the cake.

The piece of striped paper is 4" x 3-1/2"; the floral piece is 4" x 1-3/4." I adhered a piece of white grosgrain ribbon along the middle of the card to cover the seam between the two pieces. To embellish the greeting, I used the scallop circle from the Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack layered on the smallest flower from the Boho Blossoms punch. I coated the scallop circle with Dazzling Details glitter glue to mimic the flowers in the patterned paper and then glued a rhinestone in the middle. (I made a second flower the same way and glued it in the lower left-hand corner of the card.) A few extra rhinestones on the focal point add just a bit more sparkle.

That's about it for this card set. I think it did get my creativity flowing a bit, which is a good thing, because I just received my latest Stampin' Up! order with all kinds of new goodies to play with this weekend. Can't wait!

No comments: