Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Punch-art birthday wish

The card I'm going to share today isn't new; it's actually one I made last year. But it's one of my favorite punch-art cards, and since I created it before I started my blog, I thought it would be fun to share here.

Punch art card with a fence, bushes, a boy waving a banner, sun and clouds made with punches.
Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®):
Stamps: Create a Cupcake, So Happy for You, Woodgrain
Card stock: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi, Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip, Blushing Bride, Pacific Point, Cherry Cobbler
Ink: Pacific Point marker, Chocolate Chip pad, Blushing Bride pad
Accessories: Punches: Build a Cupcake, 3/4" circle, 1" circle, 1/16" circle, Word Window, Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack; 1/8" Daffodil Delight taffeta ribbon, liquid glue, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

I think this little guy is pretty darn cute! His head is a 1" punch, and I used the Build a Cupcake punch for most of the details on the head. I created the bangs by punching the cupcake base out of Chocolate Chip card stock, then punching that piece with the 1" circle punch, turning it upside-down and gluing it on the face. I punched the "frosting" out of Chocolate Chip and glued that behind the head for the rest of the hair. The ears are the cherry part of the punch, and the mouth is the cherry stem. The eyes are the small circles from the punch and a circle from the 1/16" punch. (I also stamped a few of the dots from the Create a Cupcake set on each cheek as freckles.) The arms were made with the Word Window punch, and the hands are the circle from the Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack.

The frosting part of the Build a Cupcake punch was used to create the bushes and clouds, and the sun is a 3/4" circle punch. To create the fence, I stamped the Woodgrain stamp on Chocolate Chip card stock, punched out several Word Window shapes and adhered them to the card front.

I hand cut the banner and the stick. For the greeting I used the words "happy" and "birthday" from two different stamps in the So Happy for You set. 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: