Saturday, March 17, 2012

A bit o' green

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Not being Irish (or much of a drinker), I don't really celebrate the holiday other than by wearing a green shirt and maybe listening to some Irish music. I did try some Irish soda bread for the first time today, and it was delicious! And while the card I have to share today isn't a St. Patrick's Day card, it does have a wee bit o' green.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®):
Stamps: Language of Friendship
Paper: Naturals Ivory, Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, textured Soft Suede card stock; Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Ink: Soft Suede
Accessories: Large oval punch, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, Bird Builder punch, Everyday Enchantment organdy ribbon (Lucky Limeade), Dimensionals, Tombow Mono Multi glue, Glue Dots

This is a pretty quick and simple card. I adhered a piece of DSP to the card front for the background. I punched a piece of textured Soft Suede card stock with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, and then I cut that strip in half. I glued each half to the back of a piece of DSP in a coordinating pattern. I adhered that DSP to the card and then wrapped a piece of Lucky Limeade ribbon twice around the card front and finished it in a bow.

The only stamping on the front of this card is the bird and leaves. To help them stand out against the patterned paper, I glued a punched oval to the card front and then adhered the bird and leaves to the oval. (I like how it looks a bit like a spotlight.) And that's it!

I hope you had a great holiday filled with the luck o' the Irish. I'm still keeping my eyes open for that pot of gold! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: