Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Adventure ahead

With the end of the school year in view, graduation season is nearly upon us. So today I thought I would share a fun card that would be perfect for a graduate.

Supplies:
Stamps: Essential Messages (Hero Arts)
Card stock: Patriot Blue (The Paper Company), Papaya Puree Dark (Bazzill), Ash (American Crafts), Core'dinations Color Core Cardstock - Nostalgia Collection (Liberty Scrapbook Supply)
Ink: Midnight pigment ink (Color Box)
Accessories: Star punch (Stampin' Up!), Clear Cut Travel Shapes (Deja Views), Plaid Textured Impressions embossing folder (Sizzix), sandpaper, 1/16" hole punch, linen thread (Stampin' Up!), Mono Multi liquid glue (Tombow), vintage metal brads (Making Memories)

I really like the saying on this card; it seemed like the perfect sentiment for a graduate heading off to college or getting ready to face the "real world." And I think the saying works perfectly with the clear "adventure ahead" die cut, which is actually from a travel-themed pack of scrapbooking embellishments. (I love when I find an unexpected way to use something!) Actually, this card would be perfect for anyone embarking on a new adventure in life, maybe starting a new job or moving to a different city, state or even country. For the right couple, this could even be a fun wedding card (you can't deny that marriage is an adventure!).

I love how all the elements on this card came together, but I think one of my favorite things is the textured background. I used an embossing folder to create the plaid texture and then rubbed sandpaper over the embossed card stock to expose the lighter colored core.

I kept the inside of the card pretty simple. I stamped a basic "congrats" sentiment and added a few punched stars to coordinate with the front of the card.






Thanks for stopping by! And Happy May Day!

No comments: