Thursday, May 17, 2012

Blossoms by the inch

I love to get new stamping supplies: ink, card stock, stamps, embellishments, even boring adhesive. Kind of like being a kid in a candy store. But not surprisingly, the new often overshadows the old, and I forget about some of my previous favorites. So for the cards I'm going to share today, I combined my newest set from Stampin' Up!®, Betsy's Blossoms, with one that is a couple of years old (and one that I haven't used much to boot), Cute by the Inch. I also used some of my new In Color inks and card stock along with older embellishments. The best of both worlds. (All supplies are from Stampin' Up!)

Supplies:
Stamps: Cute by the Inch, Betsy's Blossoms
Card stock: Very Vanilla, Raspberry Ripple, Old Olive
Ink: Raspberry Ripple, Old Olive pads and markers
Accessories: Snow Burst embossing folder, 1" square punch, Postage Stamp punch, Old Olive polytwill ribbon, Dimensionals

The background flower and leaves images are from the Betsy's Blossoms set, and I was happy to see how well they coordinate with the "friends" image from Cute by the Inch. I really like this layout and color combination, but I think I might have to go back and add a few pearls or rhinestones. Just a little bling.

Supplies:
Stamps: Cute by the Inch, Betsy's Blossoms
Card stock: Very Vanilla, Gumball Green, Midnight Muse
Ink: Gumball Green pad and marker, Midnight Muse marker
Accessories: Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, 1" square punch, Postage Stamp punch, Styled Vanilla Hodgepodge Hardware, Dimensionals, Tombow Mono Multi liquid glue

For this background, I stamped the leaves first and then added the flowers. That image actually includes all three flowers together on the stamp, but for some of them I used my marker to color just one or two flowers before stamping. That way I was able to fill in some of the smaller empty spaces.

Supplies:
Stamps: Cute by the Inch, Betsy's Blossoms
Card stock: Basic Gray, Summer Starfruit, Primrose Petals
Ink: Basic Gray, Summer Starfruit, Primrose Petals
Accessories: 1" square punch, Neutrals Collection brads, Dimensionals

This a color combination I probably wouldn't have come up with one my own, but I found it in the Color Coach tool and decided to try it out. It's actually very striking, although this picture doesn't quite do it justice (here the gray almost has a purple look to it). The layout is different from my usual style, too, but it was fun to do something new. I used Dimensionals to adhere the "thank u" square to the card so it stands out a bit from the others.




Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: