Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Cute cars

I just have a short post today to share a couple of cards I made with some new stamping goodies.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!® unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Off to Party (Raisin Boat)
Card stock: Cool Caribbean, Gumball Green, Summer Starfruit, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Pacific Point, Basic Black, Basic Gray
Accessories: 2-1/2" circle punch, Cupcake Builder punch, Dimensionals, Tombow Mono Multi liquid glue

I think this is an adorable stamp set, and it includes several different sayings for the license plate and accessories for the luggage rack. (The one thing that's missing from the set is a head -- or I suppose the back of the head -- of a driver. Right now the car's driving itself.) For my first card with this set, I put together a little driving-off-into-the-sunset scene. It's a fun birthday card suitable for just about anyone. I do think I should have trimmed the strip of Basic Black card stock so it was even narrower at the top to improve the perspective. 

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Off to Party, Off to the Lake (both Raisin Boat)
Card stock: Midnight Muse, Garden Green, Whisper White
Ink: Midnight Muse, Garden Green, Riding Hood Red, Daffodil Delight, Basic Gray, Basic Black, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel
Accessories: Dimensionals, Tombow Mono Multi liquid glue

For this card I used the same stamp set as in the previous card and combined it with stamps from a related set. I'm not sure what occasion I'll use this card for, but I really like the way it turned out. Who could resist this bear just innocently hanging out in the car? (It makes me think of the summer vacations my family used to take. We did actually see bears on occasion, but to the best of my knowledge, none of them ended up in our car.) But I think my favorite parts are the night sky and the trees in the background -- they add detail without detracting from the focal image of the car.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: