Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to moms everywhere! And that includes grandmas, godmothers, aunts, cousins, friends, anyone who plays a nurturing, care-taking role in our lives. I thought I would share the two Mother's Day cards I made for my mom and grandma.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!®):
Stamps: Tea Shoppe
Card stock: Very Vanilla, Pink Pirouette
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Pear Pizzazz markers
Accessories: Adorning Accents embossing folders and Edgelits dies, basic pearls, Pretty in Pink satin ribbon, large oval punch, Modern Label punch, Dimensionals

To make the teacup, I used Pink Pirouette and Pear Pizzazz markers to color directly on the rubber stamp, and then I stamped the image on the Very Vanilla card base. I used the same technique for the "tea for two" image, stamping on a small piece of card stock and then punching it out with an oval punch. The piece of Pink Pirouette card stock behind the oval was punched with the Modern Label punch. One label shape isn't long enough to span the entire length of the oval, so the trick is to cut the label in half and adhere the two pieces so a little bit of the label is visible at each side of the oval. I love the delicate scalloped edge at the bottom of the card against the Pink Pirouette card stock, and I repeated the pink at the top of the card with satin ribbon.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted):
Stamps: Elementary Elegance, Well Scripted
Card stock: Pool Party, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Pool Party, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Pool Party seam binding ribbon, Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon, Mocha opaque gems (Close to My Heart), Curly Label punch, corner rounder, Dimensionals

For the focal image, I stamped the frame in Chocolate Chip on Pool Party (I love this color combo!), rounded the corners and used Dimensionals to adhere it to a layer of Chocolate Chip card stock. I stamped the greeting on a separate piece of Pool Party card stock, punched it out with the Curly Label punch and used Dimensionals to adhere it to the middle of the frame. I tied a piece of Pool Party ribbon around the card and then tied a small piece of Chocolate Chip ribbon around the knot. I glued the focal image over the ribbon, and added a few stamped birds and a pearl to finish off the background of this card.

I didn't stamp "Happy Mother's Day" on the front of either of these cards, so they would also be great for birthdays or just to let someone know you're thinking of them. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: