Friday, May 11, 2012

Easy Events card assortment

Just one week ago I was relaxing and enjoying my long-awaited craft retreat. Sigh. Real life catches up with us so fast. But I have one more set of cards to share from the retreat. These cards were all made with the Stampin' Up!® set Easy Events. (All supplies are from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.)

Supplies:
Stamps: Easy Events
Paper: Whisper White, Early Espresso, textured Old Olive card stock; Brights Collection Patterns Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Ink: Jet Black StazOn pad; Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede Old Olive, Daffodil Delight markers
Accessories: 1/8" Early Espresso taffeta ribbon, Nestabilities Classic Scalloped Ovals small and large dies (Spellbinders), paper piercer, Dimensionals, bone folder

This card makes me think of The Sound of Music. You know, "... an absurd little bird is popping out to say 'Cuckoo.'" That combined with the Old Olive DSP, which reminds me of the curtains Maria uses to make the children's play clothes. Anyway, I omitted the "hello" greeting when I stamped the image because I wanted to make an all-occasion card. I made embossed lines on the top half of the card and pierced holes in the scallops on the smaller oval.

Supplies:
Stamps: Easy Events
Card stock: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Pacific Point
Ink: Jet Black StazOn pad; Marina Mist, Pacific Point, Old Olive markers
Accessories: Old Olive scallop polka dot ribbon, Nestabilities Classic Scalloped Ovals small and large dies (Spellbinders), paper piercer, mat pack, Dimensionals, Scor-Tape (Scor-Pal)

I think the image of these two birds is really cute. But the original stamp has the saying "wedding wishes" below the birds and a little heart above them. I just omitted those parts of the image when I stamped it and instead stamped the "hello" greeting (from the cuckoo clock image) on the bottom right corner instead. Now instead of lovebirds, they are just two friendly birds having a little chat.

Supplies:
Stamps: Easy Events
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, textured Old Olive, Whisper White, Pacific Point, Early Espresso card stock; Brights Collection Patterns DSP
Ink: Early Espresso pad; Old Olive, Pacific Point, Pumpkin Pie, Early Espresso markers
Accessories: Brights Collection glimmer brads, 1/8" Old Olive taffeta ribbon

I used another greeting switcheroo on this card. The original greeting with the snail image is "sorry I'm late," but I left that off and instead stamped "happy birthday" from a different stamp. If I were to make this card again, I think I would change how I colored the snail. More than one person looked at this card from a distance and made a comment about the pumpkin.

Supplies:
Stamps: Easy Events
Paper: Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Pacific Point card stock; Brights Collection Patterns DSP
Ink: Jet Black StazOn pad; Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Pacific Point markers
Accessories: Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, 2-3/8" scallop circle punch, 2-1/2" circle punch, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Dimensionals

I like all the polka dots on this card: on the umbrella, the DSP and the embossed background. Just a bright, fun baby card.

Supplies:
Stamps: Easy Events
Card stock: Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Melon Mambo
Ink: Jet Black StazOn pad; Basic Black, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Melon Mambo markers
Accessories: 2-3/8" scallop circle punch, 2-1/2" circle punch, 1" circle punch, Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, Lily White mini jewels (Doodlebug Design), color spritzer tool, white crochet thread (DMC), Dimensionals, Tombow Mono Multi liquid glue

I wanted to make a clean and simple thank-you card, so I started with a white card base, spritzed with the Pumpkin Pie marker to add a little bit of color, and added the crochet thread and focal image. To add a little detail to the flowers, I colored each flower and then added a small punched flower of the same color and a rhinestone. I didn't have a corner rounder with me, so I used a 1" circle punch to round the corners. (Insert the corner of the card stock through the opening in the bottom of the punch and then punch the paper.) It still seemed like the card needed something, so I doodled a border around the edge.

Supplies:
Stamps: Easy Events
Card stock: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Basic Black, Regal Rose, Melon Mambo, Real Red, Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point, Rich Razzleberry
Ink: Jet Black StazOn pad; Regal Rose, Melon Mambo, Real Red, Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point, Rich Razzleberry markers
Accessories: Stripes embossing folder, 1/8" Basic Black taffeta ribbon, Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, basic rhinestones, Stamp-a-Ma-Jig, Dimensionals, Tombow Mono Multi liquid glue

To make the main image here, I stamped the flower-trio image three times (without the greeting) on Whisper White card stock, using the Stamp-a-Ma-Jig to line them up. Then I used each of the colors in the Brights Collection (except Old Olive, which I used for the leaves) to color the flowers. I added punched flowers and rhinestones, matted the focal image with Basic Black and adhered the piece to the embossed card base. I love this little rainbow garden.

Supplies:
Stamps: Easy Events
Card stock: Real Red, Whisper White, textured Old Olive, Early Espresso
Ink: Jet Black StazOn pad; Early Espresso, Real Red, Old Olive, Always Artichoke markers
Accessories: 1/8" Real Red taffeta ribbon, 2-1/2" circle punch, Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, Dimensionals

This card has the same layout as the Daffodil Delight "for baby" card but with different colors, image and embellishments. It's fun to see the different looks you can create with the same card layout.

Supplies:
Stamps: Easy Events, Petite Pairs
Card stock: Regal Rose, Whisper White, textured Old Olive
Ink: Jet Black StazOn pad; Regal Rose, Old Olive markers; glitter gel pen (unknown)
Accessories: Lots of Tags Sizzlits dies, polka dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug), Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, basic rhinestones, Dimensionals

Again, I omitted the greeting from the stamped image (this was the "happy birthday" I used with the snail birthday card) so I could use a different greeting. I die cut the tag shapes first and then stamped the cupcake on one and the greeting on the other. To create a little sparkle, I added on a few rhinestones and used a glitter gel pen to color the cupcake stand and the inside of a few of the letters on the greeting. (It has a fun shimmer in real life.) For the background I embossed a strip of Regal Rose card stock and added a little scallop edge to each side.

Whew! That was a longer post than I thought it would be. I realized when I sat down tonight that this is my 150th blog post. Hard to believe! On one hand I feel like I should have done something more grand for the occasion, but on the other, these cards are pretty typically my style, so it's probably a fitting post after all. Hope you found something you liked. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: